Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro MFP M148fdw
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have HP Laser Jet Pro MFP M148fdw printer. I try to use wireless connection with my laptop, but printer isn't found. But wireless test page report showed that successfully setting up my HP wireless printer.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @TWZ,

I'd like to help with the printer connectivity issue.

Use HP Print and Scan Doctor to check connectivity

Download a special version of HP Print and Scan Doctor specifically created to help with printer offline conditions.

1. Download HP Print and Scan Doctor.
  2. Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.
  3. Once HP Print and Scan Doctor opens, click Start, and then select your printer.
    • If your printer in not in the list, turn it off and on, and then click Retry.
    • If there is a connection problem, follow the instructions in HP Print and Scan Doctor.
  4. If a screen prompts you to turn on printer updates, click Yes.
  5. If a screen prompts you to make your printer the default printer, click Yes.

Set a manual IP-

To set a manual IP and try the steps below -

1. Print a conƭguration page and take down the IP a. From the Home screen on the product control panel, swipe until the Setup menu displays. Touch the Setup icon to open the menu. b. Open the Reports menu. c. Select &onƭguration Report.
  2. Open a Web browser on a computer connected to the same network as the HP LaserJet.
  3. Type the current IP address of the LaserJet listed on the configuration page into the address bar on your Web browser and press "Enter" to open the HP printer's embedded Web server.
  4. Select the "Networking" tab from the HP configuration screen
  5. Click "Network Settings" on the left side of the screen.
  6. Select the "TCP/IP" tab.
  7. -network protocols ---> select IPV4 only or turn IPV6 off-->apply 
  8. Click the drop-down menu under "IP Configuration Method" and select "Manual."
  9. Enter a new IP address in the box that appears
  10. Click "Apply" at the bottom of the screen

Connect the printer to TCP/IP port

--->Touch on the wifi icon ((i)) on the printer, and take down the IP address 

a. Click Start/Devices and Printers.  Right-click on your HP Printer.  Select Printer Properties.  Select the Ports tab at the top.

b.    Select Add Port.  Select Standard TCP/IP Port.  Select New Port.

c.    Follow the Add Port Wizard.  Under Printer Name or IP Address, .  Example:  192.168.1.15.  The IP address will be copied under Port Name.  

d.    Select Next and Finish the Wizard.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.