Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended

Hello

I am having HP smart tank 660-670 series and whenever I try to  print it just shows unavailable. It doesn't get print. I have also given a static IP to my printer so it doesn't get disconnected but then too issue persist have tried many troubleshooting steps like

1. restarting the printer

2. configuring printer using usb cable

3. Also tried diagnose & fix option from the hp printer

4. Have restarted router multiple times
This issue is much difficult for me to solve so please help.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi @Adminisme,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

• Restart devices
  • Restart your computer or mobile device and the printer to clear any error states. If you are using a network printer, restart the router.
  • Run Diagnose & Fix from the HP Smart app (Windows, macOS)
  • Run the Diagnose & Fix tool in the HP Smart app for Windows and macOS.
  • Check the printer and network connections
  • Identify issues with Wi-Fi, USB, and Ethernet connections that can cause the printer to go offline or be unavailable.
  • Perform the following tasks in the order given. Use the printer after each task to see if the issue is resolved.
  • Update the printer firmware
  • HP regularly releases new firmware versions with printer enhancements or issue fixes. Update firmware on a regular basis to make sure you are getting the most out of your printer.

Please follow the steps mentioned in the link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_2026537-1681507-16

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Have tried this steps but whenever it gets connected after every 5 mins it goes asleep when I try printing it directly shows offline. Then need to reset whole printer again and set it up from start. 

HP Recommended

Hi @Adminisme,

I am sorry to hear that the above steps did not help much but i do appreciate your efforts in performing the troubleshooting steps.

A) Please follow the steps below to perform a power drain.

1) Take out the cartridges

2) Unplug the power cord from the printer & wall.

3) Press and hold the power button down for 15 seconds and release the power button, wait for about 30 seconds.

4) Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall, ensure the printer is plugged into the wall & not into a surge protector.

5) Insert the cartridges back into the printer.

Remove the cartridges > Unplug the power cord > Wait for 30 seconds > Plug the power cord back in > Insert the cartridges

B) Kindly refer to the steps on this link to update the printer firmware and let me know if that resolves the issue.

C) If the issue still persists, refer to the steps on this link to further troubleshoot.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hi @Adminisme,

I am sorry to hear that the above steps did not help much but i do appreciate your efforts in performing the troubleshooting steps.

Please follow the steps below to connect your printer to the network again.

1) Uninstall the HP smart app by click on this link, Restart the computer or mobile device to clear possible error conditions.

2) Enable Wi-Fi setup mode: When you turn on your printer for the first time, it is temporarily placed in Wi-Fi setup mode so that it can be discovered during setup. Use the printer control panel to restore Wi-Fi setup mode, and then set up the printer again. Go to Restore Wi-Fi setup mode on your HP printer for more information.

3) Refer to this link to use the HP smart app on your phone/tablet/PC to add a printer.

Note: Enable Bluetooth for an HP Smart app setup: Enable Bluetooth on your computer or mobile device so that HP Smart can detect the printer during the setup.

I hope this helps.

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Have tried this now the printer is connected to a network. Let's wait and see if this is temporary or permanent solution or any further issue comes. 
Thank you

HP Recommended

Hello 
The issue came again. As i tried printing the information page of the printer it was not getting print then when i checked it in the HP Smart application. it showed ready but when going into network information it shows " Network information could not be retrieved make sure the printer is connected to a network. On checking printer information it shows connected to ip address and status is also ready.

HP Recommended

Hi @Adminisme,

The support here is limited to troubleshooting and this issue might require one-on-one interaction to assist you further.

I've sent you a private message with the instructions. In order to access your private messages, Click the Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried clicking on this link but not able to access that. It's showing access denied.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.