Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 7155 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

Every time my electricity goes out for a storm, etc. my printer will not connect back to my network. This happens every time and I usually get someone that will log in to my laptop and fix the issue. They always say it will not happen again but if the power goes out, it happens again. I need it fixed now but would love how to fix it myself if this is something that cannot be permanently fixed. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @the-real-steve,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I'd like to help!

I understand the printer disconnects from the network.

Try the below suggestions -

Use the printer control panel to connect your printer to your network.

Connect the printer to the Wi-Fi network (printers with a touchscreen)

Use the Wireless Setup Wizard from the printer control panel to connect the printer to your Wi-Fi network.

Place the printer near the network router.

Make sure paper is loaded in the main tray, and then turn on the printer.

From the Wireless or Setup menu, select Network setup or Settings, and then select Restore Network Settings.

Get the network name and password. Go to Find the wireless network password or PIN to connect an HP printer for more information.

From the Setup, Network, or Wireless settings menu, select Wireless Setup Wizard.

Select your network, and then enter the password.

NOTE: If the Wireless Setup Wizard is not listed, select Wi-Fi Protected Setup or WPS, select Push Button, and then follow the steps to connect to the network.

Set a manual IP-

To set a manual IP and try the steps below -

--->Touch on the wifi icon ((i)) on the printer, and take down the IP address 

--->Open a web browser (ex Chrome or Mozilla) and type in the printer's IP

--->then go to network ---> general ---> network protocols ---> select IPV4 only-->apply 

--->go to wireless ---> wireless 802.11---> select manual ip ---> apply

--->Enter 8.8.8.8 for the first DNS and 8.8.4.4 for the second DNS.  

--->then go to settings on the main ews page --> power management ---> select sleep mode to max 15min

You may also refer to - No Connection after Router or Wi-Fi Settings Change

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.