cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status..
kkodet
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

printer won't connect to wifi

HP Recommended
Deskjet 2600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got this printer a few months back and I recently moved. I had to print off some material for an exam in the morning and now this thing is telling me I can't print anything without being connected to HP Smart. Fine. Go to connect it and it won't find the printer to connect to the network. So I remove the printer from my windows and reboot the printer. Then I go to set up my printer, and it tells me I can't use my wifi to set the printer up because it only supports a 2.4GHz band and my wifi is 5GHz. Fine. I try to use my mobile hotspot, which is 2.4GHz. I finally get HP Smart to set it up and then when I attempt to print my documents, it suddenly says my printer isn't connected to a network. It was connected 2 seconds ago!

Can someone explain why I can't use the printer I freaking paid for?! I've been trying to get this printer to print for 3 hours and  now I have to figure out where I'm supposed to print my exam by 9AM.

1 REPLY 1
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
26,024 25,902 1,430 1,498
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@kkodet

Welcome to the HP support community.

It is not advised to connect to a mobile hotspot, HP printer might work efficiently with mobile hotspot.

You might have to switch to a router which supports 2.4GHz band.

Or you can connect the printer with out using the router.

Refer page number 65 in this user guide for the steps:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation