Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to scan something today, but whenever I go on HP Smart, it gives me the question mentioned in the topic - "Do you want to help make HP Smart better by sharing usage data?" There are a Yes and a No function, but no matter what I click, it just loops back around to the same question over and over again. What's going on? I can still print stuff, but I can't get onto HP Smart and am thus unable to scan anything.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

I have the same issue and unable to use the device's scanning facility without the app.

HP Recommended

It now seems to be working again for some reason. Still don't understand what that was. Glitch on the app, maybe?

HP Recommended

Yes, it's started to work again - looks like the receiving HP end for the response might have had a glitch.

HP Recommended

I am also having this issue, tried logging in to scan a document and i keep getting a window that asks if I want to help make HP Smart better by sharing usage data.  No matter if I answer Yes or No, the screen reloads and I can't move forward with any functions of the program.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program, restarting my computer several times to no avail.  Is there any help for this issue?

HP Recommended

Mine starting working again too . . . but now it's stuck again.  

HP Recommended

I think I figured out a solution.  I went to the microphone on the right of this screen and under Information I clicked on the HP Windows 10 Support Center link.  I clicked on Printing and under the "Printer Issues after Update" tab I clicked on the  Print and Scan Doctor  and let it install the new drivers/updates.  Restarted my computer (again) and it now seems to be working.

HP Recommended

Never mind, i must have just gotten lucky because I just tried to go back in and it's doing the same thing again.

HP Recommended

Same issue here - is there a solution to this problem?

HP Recommended

Having the same problem! HP OfficeJet Pro 8025

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.