Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5660 All in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP 5660 All In one web services just stopped working. I tried everything out of the blue it just stopped working still prints fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here's the deal there's option from LCD screen on printer to remove web services hit remove services I was intimidated not to do this because warning came up that by removing web services this would not allow my hp instant ink not to account to work INGNORE THIS REMOVE IT THEN TURN IT BACK ON OR RESTORE IT once you do this printer will ask for email address to send a pin numbet to that you'll have to put in printer once pin is put in the printer will print Congratulations your printer is now connected to WEBSERVICES and print out email address for printer plus a printer claim code SUCCESS!!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@up2date 

I've seen a few of these today, that is, inquiries stating that Web Services is not working.

There is nothing we (the Community) can do about that, unfortunately.

You have to wait it out.

When you want to try it again...

If supported on your printer

Open your favorite browser > type / enter Printer IP address into URL / Address bar

Tab Web Services > Web Services Settings > Summary

Tap to start / stop the service.

Leave some time in-between stopping / starting Web Services

and / or

Open website:  HP Smart / HP Connected 

Open category How to > Turning On Web Services  (Includes “Turn off Web Services” help)

Leave several seconds after Stopping the service before restarting.

How long?  30 seconds ... a minute .. five minutes - whatever you can stand.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Here's the deal there's option from LCD screen on printer to remove web services hit remove services I was intimidated not to do this because warning came up that by removing web services this would not allow my hp instant ink not to account to work INGNORE THIS REMOVE IT THEN TURN IT BACK ON OR RESTORE IT once you do this printer will ask for email address to send a pin numbet to that you'll have to put in printer once pin is put in the printer will print Congratulations your printer is now connected to WEBSERVICES and print out email address for printer plus a printer claim code SUCCESS!!!

HP Recommended

Doesn't work for me,

the eprintserver gives a site not found.

However it did connect the webservices back again, but printer is still not recognised in Windows 10

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.