Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I purchased an HP Photosmart 7510 All-in-One printer 3 weeks ago. When I orignally set it up, everything worked great. Now, when anyone attempts to email any photo from any computer or mobile device, we get a returned email with the reason it is being returned as (reason: 550 5.7.0 bad DKIM signature data).

All other attachments print perfectly, but no photo that is emailed as an attachment will print. 

The first day I owned the printer, I was able to connect my Facebook account and print pictures directly from my account. The next day, the printer no longer recognized my Facebook account and it will not let me connect. 

When I attempt to email from Google Cloud, I get a server error message.

I have tried removing all the Web Services and connecting the printer to the internet again. I changed my printer's email, and I still cannot print any photos by emailing them to the printer. I am able to print photos directly from my Mac and from my PC.

When I called the Service Center, the rep only told me that it is possible that HP is updating the servers to accept more types of files. But, this has been going on for over 2 weeks. I really don't want to return the printer, but I am starting to feel that is my only option. I specifically purchased this model for the e-print feature and especially to print photos.

Thank you in advance for any feedback.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

JuBear10,

It sounds like it might be an issue with the photo or the way the ePrint servers are receiving your photo.

ePrint does have a file size limit of 5MB, so anything larger will be rejected.

All photos must be at least 100DPI and in one of the following formats: bmp, jpg, png, gif, tiff

You also want to make sure that you are including a subject line when sending the email and that it is only being sent to the ePrint email address and no others.

Here are a few things that I would try to narrow down the issue...

1. Check the file extension of the photo and make sure that it is one of the supported formats.

2. Check the file size and DPI of the photo and make sure that they are meeting the ePrint requirements.

3. Try sending the photo from a different email address. Also, if you are using a email client such as Outlook, try using a web based email, such as gmail or yahoo.

4. If you have an allowed senders list set up, make sure the email address you are sending from is on that list. You might also want to switch it over to everyone just to test it out for troubleshooting purposes.

5. Send the photo to yourself and see if your email client is changing the photo in anyway. (I have seen where some clients change the file type)

6. If all else fails, try using a different photo and see if you are having the same result. 

Try these things and get back with me with the results so I can try to narrow down what is causing this issue. 

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended
Hi Kyle,

Thank you so much for your response. I tried sending photos between email accounts and discovered that one just doesn't work. It also helped to make sure there is a subject in my email. This function now seems to be working!

Is it normal for my printer to lose connection with my Facebook account? I have had to delete it from my FB apps 3 times, connect it again, and it still only seems temporary. Just curious.

Thank you again,
Julie
HP Recommended

I get the same error sending a 30 KB Word 2003 file to my valid Eprint address.

Surely Word and PDF attachments are supported alongside JPG? I think I used PDF in the past OK.

Difficult to find a clear FAQ to get the answer on which file types are supported though.

HP Recommended

Hi InkyOne

Check out the post from @garytech1 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/ePrint-Print-Apps-Mobile-Printing-and-ePrintCenter/Hp-ePrint-Supported-...

https://h30495.www3.hp.com/help

What attachment file types are supported?

The HP ePrint service will print email attachments for the following file types automatically:

• Microsoft Word
  • Microsoft PowerPoint
  • Microsoft Excel*
  • Text files (.txt)
  • PDF
  • HTML
  • Images (bmp, jpg, png, gif, tiff)

* HP strongly recommends that you preview documents in Excel before printing.

Note: The HP ePrint service does not support printing webpages via email at this time. HP is currently developing dedicated solutions to support webpage printing from mobile devices. Image files (like jpeg, bmp, tiff, etc) need to be at least 100DPI in order to print via ePrint. PGP encryption, digitally signed documents, macro-enabled spreadsheets and password-protected documents are not supported by ePrint at this time and will not print.

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

Hello, i'v got a same problem "550 5.7.0 bad DKIM signature data"

I send mail to my printer from my work mail Exhange system xxxxx@ekoniva.com, and xxxxx@pochta.ru or other free mail-services, and i have feed back with than text:

Spoiler
This message was created automatically by mail delivery software. 

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its 
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed: 

hp1536_stolyarevskaya@hpeprint.com 
SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data: 
host onramp01.hpeprint.com [15.240.34.3]: 550 5.7.0 bad DKIM signature data 

------ This is a copy of the message's headers. ------ 

Return-path: [Personal Information Removed] 
Received: from [127.0.0.1] (port=53595 helo=localhost) 
by web27.pochta.ru with esmtp id 1WAHRd-0004K8-6v 
for hp1536_stolyarevskaya@hpeprint.com; Mon, 03 Feb 2014 15:12:05 +0400 
Sender: [Personal Information Removed]
To: hp1536_stolyarevskaya@hpeprint.com 
Subject: 
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2014 15:12:05 +0400 
Message-Id: <67c1b92048fc93dea88ab35bf26e5b9d320d4572@mail.qip.ru> 
X-Priority: 3 
X-QIP-Sender: 212.48.62.226 
MIME-Version: 1.0 
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; 
boundary="=_11811200e49aa600087447b8311b9c61" 
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit 
X-Spam-Score: -39 
X-Spam-Report: This message is unlikely spam. 

and when i use gmail, all is OK.

Can you fix than problem?

add my domain name to white list or what?

thx

contact info: [Personal Information Removed]

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.