Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi All,

Those of you all having problem with ePrint when using BB, I suggest you to read the posts in below link. It talks about registering with vzw.blackberry.net.

The solution given is actually working for those who followed it

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/ePrint-Print-Apps-Mobile/Blackberry-fails-to-eprint/m-p/378899#M1007

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Here is what I have found on: 

The following message to <*******@hpeprint.com> was undeliverable.

The reason for the problem:

5.3.0 - Other mail system problem 550-'5.7.1 Command rejected'

ePrint works when using AOL & Yahoo Mail as mail servers but will not work when using Frontiernet as a mail server. 

AOL was tested using Outlook 2003, iPhone and when logged onto the AOL site directly.  Yahoo Mail works when logged onto the Yahoo Mail site directly.  Frontiernet will not work when using Outlook 2007 or when logged onto the Frontiernet site directly. 

What does it take for HP to add new mail servers?

HP Recommended

After getting this failure with Thunderbird client, I was able to make this work. The secret is that the domain of your email address has to match the domain of your SMTP server.

So, if your e-mail address is "john_smith@company.com" your e-mail SMTP server needs to be "company.com" or at least has to end with "company.com." "mail.company.com" should work.

My real e-mail address is at gmail.com, but I was using a different SMTP server. When I changed the source e-mail address (with "manage identities" in Thunderbird) to match the SMTP server, ePrint started working.

Your mileage may vary. It worked for me.

HP Recommended

I set up the 8500A printer and evertyhing went well with eprint until I tried to use it from my primary email and got the 550 5.7.1 error. I have a second email from a different ISP and it worked fine.  I contacted my ISP that hosts the primary email after looking over the posts.

He replied as follows:

"  We have never used SPF version 2 records in our dns configurations.
  The SPF record in your domain is SPF version 1.

We forced a reload of the XXXXX.com domain records in case something was cached and corrupted."

IT WORKED....so ask your ISP that host the domain name to reload it. The ISP said that was all they did.

Now I get to work on getting the Blackberry to work..

Good luck..

HP Recommended

I set up an eprint email address for my HP printer.  I get this error message (550 5.7.1 Command rejected) when sending an email from my iPad to be printed on my printer... but if I send the email from my MacBook Pro, the information gets to my printer and prints perfectly.

Apparently HP is rejecting emails sent from the iPad.

Dave

HP Recommended

@davelesko wrote:

I set up an eprint email address for my HP printer.  I get this error message (550 5.7.1 Command rejected) when sending an email from my iPad to be printed on my printer... but if I send the email from my MacBook Pro, the information gets to my printer and prints perfectly.

Apparently HP is rejecting emails sent from the iPad.

Dave

The iPad is supported...there may be a specific issue w/the configuration of your device/email account that is causing the email to be rejected.  Can you confirm the following information: 

1. The only device where your emails are getting rejected is the iPad, correct?  

2. What email provider are you using on your iPad (e.g, Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, etc.)?  Is it the same email account you are using on your MacBook? 

3. Are you sending from a web interface (e.g., logging on to www.gmail.com) to send your email, or are you sending from another email software? 

Thanks! 

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

@jimupchurch wrote:

I have identified and solved this problem in our environment, just today. That's the good news. The bad news is that if my solution applies to your environment, as a consumer there may not be anything you can do about it personally. I happen to be both an affected business user and an affected consumer; with an HP Eprint-enabled printer in both environments, and a mail administrator and DNS adminstrator for my company's Exchange 2007 mail organization. So I was perhaps rather uniquely situated to study this problem and to resolve it.

There is an internet standard known as SPF (referred to in the MS world as SenderID.) SPF stands for Sender Policy Framework. It involves a DNS administrator putting a TXT record in DNS that identifies, by IP address, the mail servers from which email from your domain may properly come.

@when email purporting to be from your domain (joeblow@mydomain.com) arrives at an MX server, the MX server (if it is implementing SPF; not all do) will do a DNS lookup for your sender-side SPF record. The SPF record will say, in effect, "If this email from @mydomain.com is coming from 12.98.67.216, or an address within the 64.15.8.0/24 network, then that is a valid IP source address. If not, there's something skanky about that email's origins; it may be spam, being sent from an inappropriate soure; that is, its sender address joeblow@mydomain.com has probably been spoofed. React accordingly."

In our case, HPEPRINT's PostFix mail server was apparently finding something in our SPF/v2.0 record it did not like (we have had that record for several years and none of our email has ever bounced for this reason, so I am not sure exactly what the issue was, but...). I deleted our SPF 2.0 record and the problem with HPEPRINT vanished immediately. We have had 100% email-printing success since then, and no more "rejected" NDRs from hpeprint.com.

We still have an SPF/v1 record in our DNS, which HP's PostFix mail server apparently likes well enough. The issue in our case was with our SPF/v2.0 record, or the way PostFix was evaluating it. I'm not sure which. If our SPF record was bad, I have to wonder why we haven't had problems with any other mail domain during the last four years or more since I created that record. But anyhow..

The main moral based on our situation is: this was NOT a problem with the printer. It MAY HAVE BEEN a problem with the way hpeprint.com's mail server evaluated SPFv2 records. It MAY HAVE BEEN a problem with our SPFv2.0 record syntax or structure. But the printers in this respect are just fine. If you are sending mail through an ISP or a company email system and are not in a position to fix it, talk to your mail administrator about it and suggest he check SPF records.

The tipoff in my case was when I tried to send to hpepprint.com from the command line and got the blowback from hpeprint.com's PostFix:

"#550 5.7.1 Can't determine Purported Responsible Address." 

In referring this error back to our senders, Exchange was paraphrasing as

#550 5.7.1 Command rejected

The PRA is SPF-speak.

Thank you for your post -

because of your detailed description I was able to get the problem fixed in a few minutes.

@I had the wrong outgoing mail servers assigned to the email adresses I was trying to send from.  Now that I use the gmx outgoing server for my @gmx.de mails, it works all fine !

HP Recommended

Hi there,

I got this message bouncing to my newly created HP eprint email address, it seems to be marked as spam. I use Incredimail and Windows Live with T-Online accounts and try to send just plain short text messages.

Then, using my iPad with a private company exchange server account, all works fine.

Now what to do, blame T-Online? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<xxx@hpeprint.com>:
host email-lb-cpg.austin.hp.com [15.217.96.213]:
554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [194.25.134.18] blocked using bl.spamcop.net; Blocked - see http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?194.25.134.18

HP Recommended

Hi, 

I know this is old post at this point.  I just set up my HP printer with the eprint.com account.  Like everyone else I was able to send jobs to the printer from every computer I own thru that email address except my iphone 3gs and my ipad 2.  Got the same error as everyone else and like everyone else was just as aggravated .

My solution.  I have Verizon. So I set up a new email account on both devices. I used the hpeprint.com address, the password and for the servers I used my Verizon POP servers.  incoming.verizon.net and outgoing.verizon.net .  They were accepted and both devices now print wirelessly and/or thru the hpeprint address.  Knowing POP servers like I do I'm reasonable sure this will work on most other email accounts.  Give it a try.

Pat

HP Recommended

I set up my new Envy 110 and at first all was fine. eprint worked and I was happy. I then started getting my emails returned with 550 5.7.1 command rejected have tried from my iPhone 4s, ipad and imac. All with same result. Have yet to try it on any other device. Can't understand why it did work and now it won't. I have also tried with an alternative account to send the email the printer and also changed the printers email address.

Any help would be appreciated.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.