Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series

A recent Windows 10 update has stopped colour printing. Can print in colour using same printer from Windows 8. Have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer several times but has no effect. Any suggestions please?

"HP COMMUNITY TEAM NOTE"

AndressaR_1-1716903062829.png
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@PGL1

Appreciate you trying the steps. 

Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).

Please refer to this Knowledge Base article by ShlomiL. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@PGL1

Welcome to the HP support community.

Perform root level uninstallation to remove all the printer related software's.

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Remove all instances of the same.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers. 
  • Restart the PC again.

Download and install printer full feature driver

Click here to download the driver.

Update the printer firmware

Follow the steps mentioned in this HP document to update firmware:- Click here

Once you install the printer, change the bellow settings to print in color.

1. Open Devices and Printers by clicking the Start button, and then, on the Start menu, clicking Devices and Printers.
  2. Right-click the printer that you want to use, and then click Printing Preferences.
  3. Make your choices, and then click OK.
  4. Under option Print color select color, then the OK button.

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks very much for the reply.

I have followed all the steps you outlined (although some of them are a little different in my version of Windows 10), but the problem remains.

Are there any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

@PGL1

This might require remote access of your computer to fix the issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion, I will give it a try. I don't feel I can flag this as an accepted solution yet because the problem has not been resolved.

HP Recommended

@PGL1 Alright, please do as suggested and if all things work out well, you may let us know!

Keep us posted & have a good day.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

In view of the charge made for out of warranty support, and the fact that I am not running a HP laptop, and I can still print in colour from a Windows 8 laptop, I have decided to wait until either Windows 10 is fixed or HP find a solution, so that the drivers are interpreted correctly by Windows 10. Not holding my breath for either option, but would like to say Thank You to those who responded to my problem.

HP Recommended

@PGL1

Appreciate you trying the steps. 

Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).

Please refer to this Knowledge Base article by ShlomiL. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Asmita, thanks for the suggestion. I have downloaded and run this utility several times recently but it did not fix the problem.

However, this time it DID fix the problem.

What was different this time? Why didn't it work before? Will Windows ever work properly? Such are the inponderables of life.

I am very grateful that you (and your colleagues) persisted with trying to find a solution.

Consider the problem fixed now.

HP Recommended

Hi @PGL1

That's great! Happy to hear that. This Print and Scan Doctor is different from the regular one. 

If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day ahead!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.