Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP C4600 series ink jet printe
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Alignment error: Alignment page not detected, using new HP ink cartridges

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @R-T-J

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This is a wonderful place to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I reviewed your post and understand that you are getting alignment error.

I’d love to help!

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details and I would appreciate if you could, perhaps elaborate on your concern.

• When was the last time the printer was working fine?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2pdT5bU

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It was last working about two days ago. I made no changes to the printer, other then put in new HP cartridges.

I cleaned the cartridges to include the contacts on the cartridges

and printer both.

I checked the paper, the printout for any discrepancies. I uninstalled and reinstalled several times. I pretty much covered all the bases for the past two days.

I appreciate any help given

HP Recommended

Hi @R-T-J

Thank you for the information.

I recommend you to follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2pdT5bU

Let me know how it goes.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for you're help. I tried just about every  step in the link before. I think it's time for a new printer.

Thanks again

HP Recommended

Hi @R-T-J

I recommend you to contact phone support to check the available service options for your printer;

Here is how you can get in touch with the touch support.

Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/
Enter Product number or select to auto detects
Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.