Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My recently purchased HP Officejet 6600 was working fine, scanning a large document into a pdf file using the Automatic Document Feeder. Now I get a Paper Jam error message saying the original is jammed in the ADF and telling me to remove the paper.

I've open the cover, lifted the ADF mechanism and closed them both and I find no evidence of any paper whatsoever. I do notice that the ADF mechanism isn't lying flush with the tray. I can gently press on it, but it just just rises back about a quarter of an inch. I'm sure it's supposed to snap shut.

Help!

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hellow McNeelRM and welcome to the HP forums Smiley Happy

You have an Officejet 6600 that doesn't want to feed anything through the feeder at this time? Well, let us see if we can't get that fixed for you!

I would like you to follow Solution three: Clean the automatic document feeder in this More Than One Page at a Time Feeds Through the All-in-One document, as well as making sure your printer is plugged directly to a wall outlet to ensure it has all the power it needs to function properly.

Let me know how this goes for you!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I powered the printer off and gently wiped the separator pad and the pick rollers with a damp cloth and found no residue. I turned it back on the and the screen still says I have a Paper Jam.

Is the dark blue end of the ADF feeder that the separator pad is attached to supposed to be flush with the black input tray when the ADF cover is lifted? If not, I think this is my problem.

HP Recommended

Hi McNeelRM,

Thanks for the reply!

With your last comment there "Is the dark blue end of the ADF feeder that the separator pad is attached to supposed to be flush with the black input tray when the ADF cover is lifted?" I'm not entirely sure what part you are referring to, so I though it could be helpful to have a look at HP's Fixing a Paper Jam Video for your printer.

At about 4:55 into this video they show the ADF section and how to clear everything, which I'm hoping will help answer that question for you.  Were you able to get the printer plugged directly to a wall outlet?

Let me know if this is helpful 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Document feeder is said to be jammed when I attempt to copy, and it is not, nothing in it;  have no idea how to fix and message

shown on this forum was not helpful; and yes, its plugged into the wall socket

HP Recommended

Hi @lunacane,

If you tried both the document I suggested and the video to make sure there's nothing happening with the paper sensor, I would like to send you a partial reset. This reset has to be sent via private message so please read this HP Privacy Statement and then proceed to check your inbox for the reset. If you are not sure how to check your forum messages this post, has instructions 🙂

If the partial reset does not resolve the issue, please call HP Tech Support for your area for further assistance.

Have a good one!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi - I have exactly the same ADF error as the previous person - would you please send me the partial reset details also?

many thanks

Nick

HP Recommended

I seem to have the same error message as quite a few others with my auto document feeder.  It continues to say there is a jam but there is  not a jam.  When I lift the top piece the bottom piece does not seem to sit flush.    please help

HP Recommended

HP all-in-one 6600, ADF feeds for faxes, but get paper resize error when trying to copy and using the ADF, any suggestions.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.