Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Happytohelp01,

Thanks for clarifying the issue. I had made the ISP change the router for us from the former Dlink Dir-655 to the current Cisco RV 120W and all connections works now.

Appreciate all the help rendered and hope these communications helps whoever else who face the same or similar problems.

HP Recommended

I cannot print to my HP8600 from my IPhone T mobile

HP Recommended

Hi aa1828,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums.  I understand that you would like to print from your iPhone to your Officejet Pro 8600. 

The first thing we need to do is to connect the printer to your wireless network. This can be done from the front panel of the printer.  The instructions are in your user guide on page 225 in the section titled "Set up the printer using the Wireless Setup Wizard". You will need to know the name and passphrase of your wireless network.

Now that the printer is on your wireless network you should be able to print to it from your iPhone using Apple AirPrint.  If you want different print settings that what is offered by Apple's AirPrint we need to set up the ePrint feature of your printer. The instructions can be found on page 86 in your user guide in the section titled "Set up Web Services using the printer's control panel". 

Once you have set up the web services the printer should have printed an instruction sheet with a claim code for your printer.  I have included a document on customizing the printer's ePrint email address which will walk you through what to do with the claim code.

I have included a document about printing from your Apple device which discusses the HP ePrint Mobile App which gives you different printing options.  For additional reference I have included the FAQ documents for HP's mobile printing apps, HP ePrint app and HP All-in-One Printer Remote app.

HP Officejet Pro 8600 Series User Guide

Setting Up a Custom Email Address for ePrint

Printing from an Apple Mobile Device

HP ePrint Mobile App FAQs

HP All-in-One Printer Remote Mobile App FAQs

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Not a problem, just want to know if it can be done with what I have. Thanks much!
HP Recommended

I cannot get webservices enabled at all.  I have been on the phone with HP support more hours than I care to count.

All it does it sit and spin.

If I reset the printer by unplugging and holding the Ready button down and plugging it back in, then setting up the wireless network again, it will enable, but when I go to print the info sheet to get my code it cycles back to Enable and never will let me print the code.

Netgear WNR N 300 WNR 2000 wireless router

Router says that printer is attached 

1192.168.1.7 70:18:8B:84:8D:F7 DEV8030E8

Laser Jet M127fw

Printer prints wirelessly from PC running Windows 8.1

Any help would be appreciated

HP Recommended

:Crying: I am in the same position that you are, I am connected but cannot get web services enabled, mine asks for a proxy address which my server does not use, HP called me on Tuesday

and said the first update made things worse and that the problem was more complex than they first thought so they are working on a second update to try to fix the problem, they said they would call me back on Thursday to let me know how far along with the update they are.

So sorry I cannot help you, I myself am about to call them myself to see if they can do anything to help me with it but I think we will all have to wait for the update.

HP Recommended
My problem is that although the ePrint app can happily print to my Photosmart 4783, the All in One app is totally unable to even discover the very same printer. What do I need to do now......?
HP Recommended

No one has ever mentioned any kind of update at all to me.  They have had me contact my ISP to see if they are blocking ports, which they are not.  They said that it's my router blocking ports and had me unblock a list of ports which did absolutely nothing.

I bought this printer for this specific purpose and I am very frustrated with both the printer and the support.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.