cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
LaneJo
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

Blue lines printing on right side of paper

HP Recommended
Color LaserJet Enterprise M553
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I have blue horizontal lines printing on my HP M553 printer. Any idea how to fix it? This happens only when printing in color, black/white is fine.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,121 558 1,025
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just a guess, but maybe replace the cyan toner cartridge.

0 Kudos
LaneJo
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That was exactly it! Thank you so much, I should have checked that to begin with.

0 Kudos
Kylie3
Level 2
24 24 0 9
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Also, try updating your FirmWare

Below is a link that points you to how to do that:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05283386

I am an HP Employee
I work in Laser Jet Printing
The opinions expressed here are my own and not those of HP.
0 Kudos
tborel
2 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the same type of issue. First it was showing vertical maganta lines on the left and sometimes right side of the page. Changed the magenta cartridge, now I am getting the cyan vertical line on the right side only after changing the magenta cartridge. I have updated the firmware and also removed the collection unit. Here is another catch to this. The lines does not happen on all prints. It depends on what program I am using, example, PDF's I get lines. Some email pages printed there are lines, not all. Word documents no lines, my accounting software printing invoices, no lines.

Last thing why would I have to be changing toner cartridges when I still have toner with no low toner warning. My estimates about 30-40% left. Before changing the magenta cartridge it was still a good amount left. After I pulled the cartridge out I did notice multible lines on each side of the roller on the cartridge.  Probbaly if I pulled the cyan out I would notice the same 

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation