Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I too was/am having issues with cut off but on a C309a all in one printer.  I just tried the disabling of bidirectional printing...will report back if it seems to fix this random issue.  Thanks.
HP Recommended

I've got similar if not same problem on my new HP OfficeJet 6500.  When ever I print in fast draft mode the bottom of the page is cut off.  I have to print out forms that I fill out in Internet Explorer (can't use any other browser by the way) and have to constantly reset the browser print page settings to the minimum top and bottom margin, and have to remove all header and footer information else it will just leave off about a half inch or more from the bottom of the page.

In every day print mode it has not exhibited this problem however we don't really care to be pouring ink onto our pages at the rate that the every day print mode uses so we need to use draft since I've got to print several hundred pages per day.

Anyway, this is becoming quite the bother having to reset the print page options in the browser because the printer is cutting off the bottom portion of the pages that we have to print out, I'm almost to the point of just wanting to return all of these new printers we bought for our small 18 staff office.

I've tried the work around of turning off duplex printing and it did nothing to alleviate the problem.  It seems the only real solution for us is to either waste ink by printing in every day print mode, or to spend the time constantly readjusting the print page options every time we move away from the current set of pages that we need to print, both not good options.  Wishing that HP would just fix this in their driver already.

Quote:

Hi folks. Thnks for all the feedback. An interesting work-around option that you may want to try.
When changing/selecting page size from 'A4' to 'Letter' in Word 2007, this problem seems to get resolved and the bottom border does actually print out okay (close fit but not exactly spot-on) .
This seems to reflect that the HP printer drivers have an inappropriate configuration or bug for the A4 page and apparently a correct configuration for the Letter size page.
Would be great to receive some feedback from HP on this.
/Quote
Actually, we print using "Letter" and it still cuts off the bottom of whatever the last line happens to be (were not using Word *any year*, but this happens in Internet Explorer, Open Office, Notepad ++ for us), be that in the middle of the page or the bottom of the page, however I just changed it from "Letter" TO 'A4' and printed a page and it printed the complete page, last line and all.  It still will take some more testing before Im satisfied that this will fix it for us, but if it does, then good enough, assuming we can get the preferences to actually stick to the printer which it has a tendancy to want to lose the options that we set on the printer and we have to set it each session to only print in black, and to fast draft print etc.
Obviously I spoke too soon.  Apparently changing it from Letter to A4 cuts off ever so slightly the right hand side of the page, seems to be about 1/4 inch or so.  Fortunately for us there is little to nothing of importance in that 1/4 inch, it's purely decoration so it won't stop us from using the A4 until a real solution is found (likely in my imagination to have to be fixed in the drivers of the printer) and distributed to the owners of the printers.
Message Edited by Westin on 07-07-2009 03:03 PM
HP Recommended

I am using VISTA and a HP C5180 connected by ethernet to my wireless hub which is again connected ethernet to my HP PC and have noticed two problems.

1. The bottom of my Excel speadsheet which is only about a half page is being cut off.

2. I takes almost 25-30 seconds to print the first page.

Looking over the suggestions and previously had tried many things I decided to disable bidirectional printing. That seems to have fixed 1# problem but the slowness to print the first page still existed.

I then defined the HP 990C printer and now it snaps out the first page almost immediately. Problem #2 is now fixed.

HP really needs to correct its driver problems.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended
I don't know why they marked this "solved".  Maybe for one particular printer, but not for all.  I have a Deskjet 6988 connected via USB to a PC running WinXP Home. Printing from Micrografx Designer, if I have a hairline width line across the bottom at .5 inches from the bottom, it will not print.  If I make it thicker say .5 points, it prints.  If I move it .1 inch up or down it prints.  If I leave it in the original position and print anything below it, it prints.  I've tried turning off bi-directional support and I will not use a driver that gives less function.  The reason I bought this printer was for the borderless printing.  I can print borderless on plain 8.5 x 11 paper but can't print a stupid little line .5 from the  bottom edge.
HP Recommended

I agree that the problems still exists. I recently purchased the OfficeJet L7680 All-in-One and have these exact problems. I am running Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 and Office 2007 products. This problems appears with other products as well, so It can't be just an Office 2007 issue.

Suggestions to use inappropriate drivers and/or gimmick up the printing parameters are nuts. I'm putting my old Officejet back in place and asking for my money back if I can't find a fix, quickly. The suggested solutions coming out of HP on this topic are little more than VooDoo worship.

What is going on at HP? I once thought that they might not care about this problem because this printer has been discontinued. But this forum shows the problem exists for many printers; and that it has existed for more than a year. 

HP, are you getting out of the printer business??  Where is a driver/firmware fix?

HP Recommended
I have HP L7590 and had problems with the bottom 1/4 cutting off only in Peachtree.  (don't do a lot of printing in other softwaresToday tried printing multiple copies of a one page Word 2000 doc and this first page printed fine other 10 did not.  (nice waste of paper/toner) Tried rebooting, downloaded all HP updates etc but this document would not print in full againTried new documents - would print multiple pages of the same doc in fullTried CouvBorn fix on 5/22/09 to take off "Enable bidirectional support" and could now print the original doc in fullHope if fixes the problemI hadn't taken the time to look for a solution since I thought it was with the new version of softwareVery frustrating to see it is a regular problem that HP doesn't seem to be able/willing to fix
HP Recommended

What I had to do to try to work around this issue was to change from letter to A4, this would allow the bottom of my pages to print out properly but then it would cut off some of the text on the left side of the page.  To get around that I had to had to set the paper to a custom size of  8.50x11.69, this allows it to now print both the bottom of the page (from what we lost before anyway), and to get all the print from the left side of the page as well.

This only comes into play for us in draft mode which is all that we use these printers for since they gobble up ink like nobody's business.  If we use daily print I've never had it cut off the bottom of the page.

Honestly, this problem has been going on so long now and HP has sat so silent about it without issuing new drivers to fix it that this set of printers will likely be the last HP printers that we will buy.  We'll go back to Brother printers on our next office turnover.

HP Recommended
Borders are suppose to follow the paper size, regardless of the margins which are supposed to govern the text body.  So a work around is to lie to the printer and tell it that the paper is a quarter of an inch shorter than it really is.  Thus an 8.5 inch by 11 inch sheet can have the paper size custom set at 8.5 by 10.75.  The bottom margin will be measured from the new  "bottom" of the paper.  Also, software gets confused if the margins are so narrow as to have the text body impinge into a wide and fancy border.  This won't solve all of the problems in this thread, but it may help with some whose problem is in fact a "bottom border printing problem."
HP Recommended
As a professional resume writer who uses page borders on most resumes, I have experienced this issue for many years when using different versions of MS Word and WordPerfect. The bottom border does not print only when using inkjet printers; it prints fine when using LaserJet printers. I've not been able to find a "fix" for this issue.
HP Recommended

Ok - I've been reprimanded by the moderator for "ranting", but a quick summary of this thread shows that this is an ongoing problem dating at least to late last year (11/19/2008) and affects the following printers:

HP Deskjet F2180

HP Photosmart D7460

C6280

DeskJet F380

C6180

Hp Photosmart C7180

C6150

Officejet 7410

C7280

Officejet L7680

HP Deskjet D4200

C4580

L7590

HP Photosmart C4480

C309a

HP OfficeJet 6500

HP C5180

Deskjet 6988

Officejet 5610

HP Photosmart C3180 

Message Edited by talkanderson on 10-07-2009 04:27 PM
Message Edited by talkanderson on 10-07-2009 04:28 PM
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.