Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I did buy a Brother Multifunction awhile back, so I rarely need to use the C3180. However, when my clients, nearly all of whom have inkjet printers (not laser), try to print their resumes with the border, it always cuts off the bottom border. I haven't asked if they have something other than an HP; I'll need to do that the next time that I receive that complaint. Yes, this is such a long-time problem, you would think by now HP would have resolved it!

HP Recommended

It happened again. My wife was printing a list of students for an upcoming event and the middle column was one line longer than the two outer columns and it barely clipped the two shorter lines (e.g., around the baseline of the text) and it completely clipped the last student's name in the center column. The printout just happened to span two pages, but only because there was an implicit page break due to a blank line or two at the bottom of the page. Deleting this so that only one page printed avoided the issue. 

HP Recommended
This worked for me too, thanks jkepler! :smileywink:
HP Recommended

Soooooo......

I saw today that HP posted Windows 7 x64 drivers for my Photosmart C7280 printer.  Not only that, the version for HP Support Center went from my old version 10 on Vista to version 13.  So far so good.  I figured that maybe.....just maybe.....they had solved the problem of the last line being cut off.

I installed the new software.  There was an option to print a test page.  I printed the test page.  And.....you guessed it....THE BOTTOM HALF OF THE LINE PRINTED WAS CUT OFF.  Incredible.

I have not had time to experiment with Word 2007 documents or the bidirectional printing setting.

Never again, HP.

HP Recommended

It's official.  Cuts off bottom half of the last line on text documents and Office documents.  This is not just an Office 2007 problem.  I disabled bidirectional printing, and haven't print much since then, but still solves the problem.

HP = Hopelessly Pathetic because they don't fix such a long standing and widespread driver problem.  We're up to 65 posts in this thread, HP.  Get a clue.

HP Recommended
Hi!  I have a similar problem printing with my F2120 All-in-one.  I'm using Office 2007 Student on XP Home.  The footer in my Word document is missing on the printed page though I can see it in the print lay-out view.  The only thing that works is changing the footer margin.  However I do not want to do this.  I'm working with pre-formatted documents and want to maintain the original lay-out.  I've read at least 3 pages of the posts in this thread and they do not talk about problems with F2100 series.  I also cannot find the "minimize margin" in the advanced tab for the F2120.
HP Recommended

You can add the Photosmart C6250 to the list. 

The C6250 is USB connected to HP Pavilion dv6267cl running Vista Home Premium.

As an HP retiree by acquisition, I am really concerned with this issue.

HP Recommended

Dani,

i was looking at your thread..and i have a big problem

i just bought an HP deskjet D1660 and the problem is with borders.

i wa looking at your link  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01671543 and my problem is:under advance tab i do not have the option to minimize borders. it is the software? or i do not know...

and when i open  hp digital imaging mirror i have a window with error:

TypeError: Error #2007: Parameter text must be non-null.
    at flash.text::TextField/set text()
    at src.BannerWindow::GenericBannerWnd/IsSmallerFontReq()
    at MethodInfo-8268()
    at Function/http://adobe.com/AS3/2006/builtin::apply()
    at mx.binding::Binding/wrapFunctionCall()
    at mx.binding::Binding/innerExecute()
    at mx.binding::Binding/execute()
    at mx.binding::Binding/watcherFired()
    at mx.binding::Watcher/notifyListeners()
    at mx.binding:Smiley TongueropertyWatcher/eventHandler()
    at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
    at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
    at mx.core::UIComponent/dispatchEvent()
    at src.BannerWindow::GenericBannerWnd/set _stxOfferDes()
    at src.BannerWindow::GenericBannerWnd/set OfferDes()
    at MethodInfo-6715()
    at Function/http://adobe.com/AS3/2006/builtin::call()
    at mx.binding::Binding/innerExecute()
    at mx.binding::Binding/execute()
    at mx.binding::Binding/watcherFired()
    at mx.binding::Watcher/notifyListeners()
    at mx.binding:Smiley TongueropertyWatcher/eventHandler()
    at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
    at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
    at mx.core::UIComponent/dispatchEvent()
    at SCMain/set globalData()
    at SCMain/LoadExtendedInfo()
    at flash.external::ExternalInterface$/_callIn()
    at <anonymous>()

please help

HP Recommended

This is really disturbing HP!

I have an almost new OfficeJet K8600. It will not rpint the bottom part of my pages. If I do the recommended "minimize margins" setting, it distorts the text and images. If I set for borderless printing, it eaxpands the eintire page by about 10% - this is NOT the answer - I'm tryning to print raffle tickets.

I never had this issue with Minalta Color Laser or old Lexmark D55. 

I thought HP was in the printer busisness - this SUCKS!

HP Recommended

I'm running a Photosmart C4580 All-in-one on XP Pro. At times the thing prints partway down the page.  The rest is blank.  I was told by HP staff that I should hold down the Control key along with Print.  This some time works but some times I simply have to use another printer. I had the same problem with an HP C 3180 and unloaded it for this newer version of the all-in-one.  Now I think I should have bought a Brother or something.  Exasperating. HP, are you there?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.