Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Seriously.  Really.  What are you going to do to rectify this problem?

HP Recommended

Couldn't agree more...after years of buying there products for my home and business they've lowered themselves to being a scam. Great feeling when your 9 year old can't print his black & white paper out because "Magenta" has run out for school the next day. You should be ashamed of yourself HP, you've let the Consumer down big time w/ your corporate greed.

HP Recommended

My problem is the color catridges are constantly running out even after never using them!!!

I have spent more on colored ink (which I very rarely use )in 2 years than the value of this printer.

I want to purchase only black ink and print in black ink only all the time.  How do I do this?

HP Recommended

simply refill cartridges yourself but only use black ink for all four!

HP Recommended

My email for law suit hp 6600/6700: [Edited for Personal Information]

HP Recommended

Jeff-Bilyk,

Please be advised that your post borders on violating the HP Forum's Rules of Participation 6a.

"You may not use, or allow others to use, your registration membership to post or transmit the following:

a.  "Rants", "slams", or legal threats against HP, another company or any person."

eric-g

I worked for HP.
HP Recommended
Well, at least we all know HP is reading the customer comments about this awful printer. They don't bother to respond to customers' complaints and frustrations about their rip off printer situation but they don't hesitate to scold a legitimate comment that is due to HP ignoring the horrid situation in the first place. HP obviously does not want repeat customers. Makes me so very disappointed.
HP Recommended

I am truly shocked. I cannot think of any other word to best describe the posts regarding the HP6600. I work from home, am a full time student, and a mother to a high school student. This machine has done nothing but frustrate us and cause a financial burden on the money lost on the purchase of the printer and all the ink cartridges. I am giving it up and no longer falling victim to this scam. 

HP you are a complete disappointment for putting a product like this out for us to be burdened with. I will make sure to share with my friends and family to prevent them from suffering the same. 

J. Flores

HP Recommended

I am frustrated beyond measure. I can only assume the others here are just as frustrated. I lost $200.00 in income today because by design my printer will not print black only unless all other colors are present. This was not mentioned in any literature. I have plenty of black ink on hand... because that is ALL I use but becuase of this aspect I was unable to complete my work on time and now I will not be paid. I am livid. I will not purchase another HP product and as soon as I can get out to the nearest ratailer to purchase from a printer from a manufacturer that wont hoodoo you.. I am buying one. Ban me if you like but this is utter bull**bleep** and I would be ashamed to boast the tag line "I work for HP"

HP Recommended
yes indeed this is frustrating! I am now on my third magenta cartridge and I have NEVER printed in color with this HP 6600. Quite a scam they have going here.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.