Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 6970
Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard

I am trying to set up a new OfficeJet Pro 6970 AllInOne. The user who will mostly using it is running 10.6.8, and the driver software will not run on her computer. We set up the printer in wireless mode, and she can print with it (albeit with the generic driver) but we can't figure out how to scan to her machine. Other HP scanners have an option to scan to a network drive, which would be ideal (we can alias that folder on to her desktop.) But there doesn't seem to be any documented way to set up the scanner so that she can put an original in the scanner, push buttons on the 6970, and have the resulting file show up on the local file server.

An awkward work-around is to scan using the web interface running on the user's computer, and then save the file to the correct folder. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The printer do not support scanning to a network folder, therefore no such option is documented or available..

Have you tried the Scan to Email app or the Google Driver option? that would allow scanning to email directly from the printer front panel to your email and can be a decent workaround for a such...

For Google Driver you may follow these steps, then the files can be accessed via Google Drive from the Mac:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-6970-all-in-one-printer-series/8289585/documen...

As well you may try the Scan to Email app from within the Apps menu, that allow scanning directly to an email which can be accessed from your Mac.

Additionally the 3rd party Vuescan application can be tried, a 3rd party scan software which seems to support your printer on a Mac without the need of any printer scan specific driver:

https://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/hp_officejet_pro_6970.html#technical-information

Hope any of these options may help,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

The printer do not support scanning to a network folder, therefore no such option is documented or available..

Have you tried the Scan to Email app or the Google Driver option? that would allow scanning to email directly from the printer front panel to your email and can be a decent workaround for a such...

For Google Driver you may follow these steps, then the files can be accessed via Google Drive from the Mac:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-6970-all-in-one-printer-series/8289585/documen...

As well you may try the Scan to Email app from within the Apps menu, that allow scanning directly to an email which can be accessed from your Mac.

Additionally the 3rd party Vuescan application can be tried, a 3rd party scan software which seems to support your printer on a Mac without the need of any printer scan specific driver:

https://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/hp_officejet_pro_6970.html#technical-information

Hope any of these options may help,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended
Well that Stinks. I work in a government environment which we just recieved alot of your printers this model and I happen to be overseas. We can't use outside developer software without waiting for weeks to get approved (if the approve it) you guys should enable all of your printers to scan to network attached storage(Nas) . Now I have to tell my boss he can't scan his documents to our work NAS because you guys said.... Noooooo we have great web services that. 1. Aren't secure and 2. Don't have DOD approval for downloading. Thanks
HP Recommended
This is bad. Try scanned to drive for two pages and the second page is up side down. How to fix this?
HP Recommended

Not sure about using an Apple network but it scans to a Windows based PC on my network.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.