Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 8500a Premium
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

I'm trying to change the outgoing email address (from a previous owner of the printer) by going to the 'scan to email' settings in HP Utility and hitting the link to go into the EWS.  I was able to access the EWS (despite getting a lot of restricted warnings)  by typing in the IP address 192.168.1.6 for a brief time, but I still could not change the email settings as I kepyt getting acces denied warnings.  Then I may have screwed it up by checking the redirect Https feature and now can not acces EWS at all.  Is there a way to get back to the main EWS page?  Now all i get is a blank page when I click go to EWS in the HP utility section.    I'd like to be able to change these email settings that I think were set up by the previous owner.  I have restored network defaults twice and nothing has changed.  Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am using an older printer with no warranty help.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi sojoey,

I would recommend to try a different web browser than the one you are using. You can try Firefox, Google Chrome, etc. If you get any pop-ups regarding certificates for https, click continue anyway.

Let's see what happens! :generic:

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi @sojoey,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I noticed that you cannot access the Embedded Web Server at all on your HP Officejet 8500A Premium on Mac OS X 10.10. I am happy to help you with this issue!

If you are getting access denied, then you will need to get the admin password from the previous owner of the printer.

Otherwise, I would suggest the following:

• Restore Network Defaults. (Press the right arrow, go to Setup, then Network, and select Restore Network Defaults.)
  • Power cycle the Network. (Power off the computer, then the printer, unplug the power from the router. Wait 30 seconds, plug back in the router, turn on the printer, and then the computer.

We will start with those steps, and go from there! :generic:

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

Hi Thanks for helping.

I did a full restore as you intructed and it is still the same.  When I click on any link in HP Utility that links to the Embedded Web server, all I get is a blank page that says safari can't connect to server....  when I type in the ip, I get a blank page except for a thin line across the top of the page...almost as if the page wants to load...but can't.  I can try to contact the previous owner for the password, but I honestly don't know where I would  use it as I have never seen any page ask for a password. thoughts?

HP Recommended

wait!  I was able to get to the main menu but when I click on outgoing email profiles, it takes me again to the IP with the blank page anf the green line across the top.  

after returning to the main menu I get this message.

Screen Shot 2015-04-04 at 8.29.17 PM.png

when I click redirect it takes me back to the blank page again with the green line.  

HP Recommended

Hi sojoey,

I would recommend to try a different web browser than the one you are using. You can try Firefox, Google Chrome, etc. If you get any pop-ups regarding certificates for https, click continue anyway.

Let's see what happens! :generic:

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

It WORKED on Firefox!  Thank you so much!!!!

HP Recommended

Hi sojoey,

You are very welcome!

I am glad that worked for you.

Best regards! :generic:

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I have an hp 2540 printer but I can not find the password to access Printer Wirelessly without a router. If I print the page it tells to go to the EWS https://192.168.223.1 with my mac (OS10.9.5)connected directly to the printer but that address goes no where.

What do I have to do to get into the EWS?

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hi sitges46,

Please take a look at this post, Re: hp printer dj2540 issues with downloading set up instructions, by my colleague @E-roq.

Hope this helps! :generic:

If this, or any of the posts on this thread, has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on "Accept as Solution" on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful of my post, kindly click the thumbs up below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thank you but that ip address goes nowhere. Just to be clear I am trying to access from a computer connected directly to the printer.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.