Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

It will be great if and when an engineer contacts me.

But from this friday until 24th March I will be thousands of miles away on business, so depending on what he says and when he says it, the engineer might not get a reply until the 25th March.

HP Recommended

I finally got a photo to print after siting here for 3+hrs and trying all the procedures from HP. I took the paper out of the main tray and put 5 pieces of HP photo paper in the photo tray. I hit OK each time it said it was out of paper, 7 times total, and it actually printed a photo. Wow. I think we will have to go celebrate.

HP Recommended

Hi RS218,

What a hassle! We are working through a few theories. It would help us greatly if you would provide your operating system and the computer program you were printing from.

Thank you in advance! 🙂 

-- ReverseTalk
I work on behalf of HP.
Click the thumbs up + button to thank me. Mark Accepted Solution if I solved your inquiry.
HP Recommended
Windows 10 and default Windows Viewer through File Explorer.
HP Recommended
Same problem please can you do the same for me with hp
HP Recommended

Hi Splante, 

Will you please explain to me exactly the issue you're having with your printer? Additionally, I need operating system, exact printer model, software program you're printing from, and it would be a bonus if you could provide screen shots.

Thanks!

-- ReverseTalk
I work on behalf of HP.
Click the thumbs up + button to thank me. Mark Accepted Solution if I solved your inquiry.
HP Recommended

Hi Mike,

The lab is having issues recreating this issue, so they're insistent on screen shots. Have you had a chance to do this yet?

Thanks, and sorry for the hassle.

-- ReverseTalk
I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Away from home

i will try to provide a screenshot in next few days

HP Recommended
Using my Samsung tab
Screen saying out of paper
Remove and replace new photo paper 4 x 6 many many time, always the same result.
HP Recommended

Hi Mike681,

I have an HP ENVY 5540 printer and am able to recreate this error when I have set the Paper tray to "Photo Tray" and leave the Paper size setting at "Letter". The result is the message, "Photo Tray was changed because of a conflict with another printer setting." in yellow font beneath the Paper tray heading. (See attached screenshot.) I am not sure if this is the same scenario you experienced. If so, please try the following:

1. Set Paper tray to "Photo Tray".
  2. Set Paper size to "10x15cm/4x6in.".
  3. Set Paper type to "HP Photo Papers" (or the setting associated to the photo paper you have loaded into the Paper tray).
  4. Leave the Photo size setting to "Full page" and the Fit setting to "Fill page".
  5. Select the "Print" button.

My result was the photo printed from the paper in the photo tray - I hope this is your result, as well!

If not, please list the steps you take, values you set and the result(s) and I will try to recreate the issue to troubleshoot and determine the solution.

Kind regards,

-Kay_Kay 

Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
If my answer was helpful click the "Thumbs Up" below to say "Thanks!"

I work for an HP Partner
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.