Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 6968
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

I have just installed a new officejet pro 6968. I want to do double sided copying. The printer will only print on one side even when the 2 sided print is requested in the print sequence. How are 2 sided copies made with this machine? I was told by the HP rep that it could make 2 sided copies.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @WaltOlson

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! 

I understand that you cannot do 2 sided copies with your HP Officejet 6968 printer. I am happy to look into this for you! 

According to this printer's specifications it states: Automatic duplexing (two-sided copying) from ADF, 6970 series only. It does have the option for Duplex (two-sided) printing: Automatic and manual duplexing when printing from the computer.

Please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

Hope this answers your question, and have a nice day! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Hi

This unit is support double side print but not double side copy, because the ADF cant do double side scan. The ADF only support one side scan and copy.  If you want the double side copy function you can consider buy the officejet pro 6970.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I *just* bought this model for the 2 sided copy capability as well. The worst part is, in the help section, the printing options show 4 options:

1 sided > 1 sided

1 sided > 2 sided

2 sided > 1 sided

2 sided > 2 sided

At least I'm not going crazy. The documentation should either show correct options for the model, or, specify in the help section that the last two options are for a certain model only.

HP Recommended
I have encountered the same disappointing issue, it specifies 2-2 but does not have that feature especially for the price paid.
HP Recommended

How do I print double sided copies on my HP 6968

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.