Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet P1102w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Yesterday I have purchased a new HP Laserjet P1102w and I have problem configuring the printer to work on the wireless network, I installed the software and when he asked me weather to configure it over usb or wireless I did click on the wireless one then he told me to enter the SSID of my network and I typed it correctly but it say 'The printer was unable to communicate with any wireless router or access point using the provided SSID' then I tried to check the network in the list but no network do appear.

The printer works very well with USB but I need to connect using wireless.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have this printer so I know how hard it is to set up this printer using wireless connection on your own.

If your wireless router supports Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS), this is the simplest way to set up the printer on a wireless network.
 NOTE:
This method requires a WPS-enabled wireless router to connect to the printer.
  1. Press the WPS button on your wireless router.
  2. On the printer control panel, press the Wireless button . The wireless light starts to blink.
  3. Wait up to two minutes while the printer establishes a network connection with the wireless router.
    Once the printer connects to the router, the wireless light is solid.

Hope this help.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

what type of router / gateway do you have?  Is it a UVerse system?

HP Recommended

How could I know?

HP Recommended

well who do you pay for your internet?  is it AT&T or a different carrier?  Whats the model # listed on the router / cable modem / gateway?

HP Recommended

I am not in USA btw I pay for a company named TE Data in Egypt , but on the back on the internet device the following is written:

Name : Home Gateway

Model : HG532n

and the logo of Huawei is on the left

HP Recommended
My guess is something to do with the router / gateway combination. My best suggestion is to put the huawei in bridge mode so that it only acts as a modem and put a router behind it and connect the printer to the new router. My guess is that's how you can make it work.
HP Recommended

The problem is that I don't know how to do this and I don't even have another router

HP Recommended
Can't explain how to do it over this unfortunately. You might be able to get your isp to help you with the huawei but you'll need to purchase a router and follow the setup guide or have a tech friend help you.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have this printer so I know how hard it is to set up this printer using wireless connection on your own.

If your wireless router supports Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS), this is the simplest way to set up the printer on a wireless network.
 NOTE:
This method requires a WPS-enabled wireless router to connect to the printer.
  1. Press the WPS button on your wireless router.
  2. On the printer control panel, press the Wireless button . The wireless light starts to blink.
  3. Wait up to two minutes while the printer establishes a network connection with the wireless router.
    Once the printer connects to the router, the wireless light is solid.

Hope this help.
HP Recommended

Ok thank you, I would like to know isn't it supposed that the printer at least find the wireless network just like other devices like mobile phones?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.