Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3524
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have some problems regarding setup of wireless printing and Wi-Fi direct in my printer - HP Deskjet 3524.

As to Wireless printing - I've activated this option on my printer and I've also succesfully connected printer with my router (it even says so in printable wireless raport), but when I try to setup wireless connection with my computer using drivers downloaded from the official site, I'm getting stuck at the point when my computer tries to establish connection with printer. It says that my computer isn't connected with the same network as printer, even though it clearly is and I've done all the previous steps correctly. I also tried some proposed fixes such as disabling firewall and resetting the router, computer and printer, but nothing worked...

As to Wi-Fi direct, from what I've read, it should work even if the printer isn't connected to any network, right? I've activated Wi-Fi direct from the printer's settings, but whenever I try to send anything using that technology, for example via my smartphone (I've tried multiple different devices), it does not find my printer.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Trebor-,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to setup your HP Deskjet 3524 e-All-in-One Printer on the wireless network.

This issue could occur if the printer is not configured properly on the network.

Let's go through a few steps to resolve this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link: Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)

You may also check the link: Print and Scan from the HP AiO Printer Remote App (Android & Apple)

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

That's exactly what I've been trying to do, but it unfortunately didn't work. As I said, I'm always getting stuck at the point when it tries to establish connection with the printer - it says that computer and printer are not in the same network... And it doesn't matter what I choose during the setup process (if I input all the network settings manually or automatically). Printer is clearly connected to the same router as my PC, there's no other option. Blue LED lamp next to Wireless icon is also on and steady.

Info from my PC about network:

Info about network on my printer:

http://ibb.co/cp1U8v

SSID is the same, but should MAC and IP also be the same?

HP Recommended

@Trebor-,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue still persists after following the steps provided in the previous interaction.

This issue could occur if the wireless direct connections are not set up properly.

Please follow the link: Printing with HP Wireless Direct

You may also check the link: Using the HP ePrint App to Print from a Mobile Device

Mac and IP address need not be same.

Let me know if this works.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Still doesn't work.

As for Wi-Fi direct - I can see my HP printer as available network on my mobile phone and I can connect to it, although I also get the message which is something along the lines "Couldn't connect to the Internet". When I try to print something, it doesn't find my printer.

As for Hp Eprint app, it also says that there's no printer connected to my network...

Could it be that it's hardware problem? I've read a lot of guides on your site and it seems like I've done everything correctly. Even though the printer is apparently connected to my router other devices just cannot find it.

HP Recommended

@Trebor-,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue has not resolved after following the steps mentioned in the previous interaction.

This could be a hardware issue with the unit.

Hence, please contact HP Phone Support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

I'm currently on Windows 8. And I had the same problems. Then I came across this article 192.168.l.l admin which helped me. You can also try to look for the solution to your problem there. Hope I was useful Take care

HP Recommended

@johnyblack,

Thank you for providing the solution.

I also appreciate your time and patience.

Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.