Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi ntakpe,

I understand after updating the firmware of the printer you've not been able to scan to email as it gives you an error of "incorrect credentials". Do you have a Windows or a Mac based computer?

I recommend removing the scan to email setup that you have now and just recreating it. Click on the link below and it will explain how to do this:

http://goo.gl/47tRmj

Let me know how it goes!

Thank you,

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I am having problems configuring HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus to "scan to email" to an iCloud account. I have tried smtp.mail.me.com and Port 587 as Apple recommend but nothing.  This all worked fine a few weeks ago. The error says it can't send test email.

I have reset my Apple password and also deleted my saved credentials, and tried ports 25 and 4?? (can't remember the nos) but still nothing.  Can anyone help?

(I have tried rebooting everything but still nothing)

Frustrated.... 

HP Recommended

And now Server not Found.....

HP Recommended

Now Incorrect credentials. Can't seem to make up its mind...

HP Recommended

Hi Nic_la_la,

I understand your HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus is unable to scan to email any longer. I will be happy to assist you with resolving this issue. Please, click on the link below and follow the steps from "PrintDoc":

http://goo.gl/xxfufs

Note: When you are setting the Manual IP address, just type in the same IP address that you see on the network configuration page that you print. (This will make sure that you will not disconnect from the network).

Let me know if this works!

Thank you,

HP Recommended

Hi,

Is it possible that, in order to scan to my company Exchange email address, I  need to configure my home internet provider's SMTP server (in my case smtp.pt.lu), with port 587 ?  With SSL ?

If so, do I have to put my Exchange credentials for this to work ?

Thanks for your answer,

Jappe.

HP Recommended

Thank you everyone for your help.  The solution was as simple as turning my wifi off and printer and starting it up again. When rebooted it worked a treat. Clearly just a gremlin in  the works.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi Jappek,

Do you also have an HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus (N911g)? Technically, yes, that should work. Also, you would have to use which ever email that you actually sign in with for this to work. Have you looked at this post from fernande-hp?

Looking forward to your response!

----------------------------------------------------------

Hello again Nic_la_la,

I'm glad the issue is all cleared up now! If you have any other questions, feel free to post back.

Thank you,

HP Recommended

I need to know how to scan to e-mail

HP Recommended

This was great advice that worked.  Thank you!

I was able to add multiple email addresses, but I am noticing that MicroSoft related addresses are not working:

msn.com

hotmail.com

Any ideas?

Other domains are working fine thanks to your advice.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.