Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi racer,

Scan to Email is only supported by HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus and HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium.

After scan to email setup successful, you can follow below steps to perform scan to email:

1. Load your original print-side down on the right-front corner of the glass or printside up in the ADF. For more information, see Load an original on the scanner glass or Load an original in the automatic document feeder (ADF).

2. Touch Scan, and then touch Email.

3. On the control panel display, select the name that corresponds to the Outgoing Email Profile you want to use.

4. If prompted, enter the PIN.

5. Select the TO email address (the email recipient) or enter an email address.

6. Enter or change the SUBJECT for the email message.

7. Change any scan settings, and then touch Start Scan.

NOTE: The connection might take some time, depending on network traffic and connection speed.

Best regards,

Mango_li

HP Recommended

A good answer  but probably will not be the issue for the great majority of people

The problem is that POP3 access, which is required to use SMTP, is DISABLED by DEFAULT in Gmail.

To enable to into Gmail settings and click on the POP3 settings option.

If given the option, you do not need to enable POP3 for all email - just for email from this point on. This setting actually applies to receving email with other POP3 programs.  It has no effect on the SMTP sending function used by the HP scanner.

Don't forget to hit save/apply at the botton and then re-click the liink to verify POP3 has been enabled.

The above mentioned Gmail settings should now work.

HP Recommended

I also tried to copy my email settings and then read the support doc about changing the port. Changing to 587 made the outgoing email test finally work! Then I had trouble figuring out how to scan from my computer. Everytime I selected scan to email it wanted me to go through setup again. Solution?  Select Scan to Email and then on next screen touch my name. Seems silly but it worked.

HP Recommended

We have a subscription with office 365

Well, with Microsoft tech support I managed to set up the "Scan to email" on our laserjet printer using  office365 settings.

Turns out you need to set the smpt relay in order for your company email to work

Instructions on how to do this are here:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn554323%28v=exchg.150%29.aspx

PS: I have tried using gmail but the printer didn't like it either.

HP Recommended

Having a similar problem:

I am trying to use the scan directly to email from the front panel.  

This used to work flawlessly, now two of the three emails set up are having the same problem where the outgoing profile setup is erroring that the credentials are incorrect.  The same profiles worked fine, but suddenly now they don't.  When I try to update or delete and recreate the profile, I get the incoorect credentials error. 

All emails are Gmail accounts.  Again, no different than before when they worked fine.

Running Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11.5)

The OfficeJet 8600 Plus is connected via wireless, secured network.

I know that this thread is from someone else awhile ago, so thank you for your help...

HP Recommended

Can't anyone help???

HP Recommended

Have this printer for years and was trying to set up scanning to e-mail.

Setup the outgoing e-mail through the Embedded Web Server and test was ok using port 25.

When I try to scan to e-mail, I get a "server error".

What can be the problem?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.