Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
z3200
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Im getting what I can only describe as cracked solids on my prints.

Did a printhead clean

Printhead align

Calibrate

Sample image

I noticed on my test sheets the same cracking in the red, green, yellow, magenta and black 

I replaced all the printheads about a month or 2 ago and havent done all that much printing as far as total prints go.

However, I have done a number of 36x48 photographic prints.

Anyone have any input as to what is causing this issue and what I need to do remedy it?

2.jpg1.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I use same paper also & never seen crack problem. When I load this paper & on menu, I choose glossy/sg/satin.

your problem started even on printer itself, see diagnostic print.

Go to display menu & change the roll to      glossy/sg/satin...  then perform same diagnostic print.

*************  if cracks disappeared & perform color calibration........

if all fine & when you print photos, posters etc,  use HP glossy/sg/satin     icc profile.it yield more accurate colors.

Good luck.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Usually this is a printhead issue. Go to the menu that has the print quality diagnostic print which will show you the status of each printehad and if there is a defect you will be able to tell it right away.

HP Recommended

That was what I was thinking initially.

Ran clean printhead, align, and diagnostic.

The most ink ive run according to the machine is 423 through Gloss Enhancer-Gray  and 237ml through the PK-LG head

everything else is 125 or less.

the printhead image looks fine

the diagnostic cracks in several colors...

any other ideas of what it could possibly be?

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

HP Recommended

why not try different paper which compatible with HP pigmented ink ?

Are you using HP inks ?

I have 4 total Z3100, Z3200  printers & never seen this problem.....

HP Recommended

That second picture in your first post looks pretty cool.  I'd use it as a selling point!:smileyhappy:

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

Printheads were fine & all colors were perfectly good. I would suspect paper first . would not be hard to swop out paper to try & know right away.

Myself have hp everyday glossy paper, satin paper, canvas texture paper, pp paper,  mat art canvas, satin canvas, professional canvas etc etc. never seen that crack ink problem.

HP Recommended

Maybe I am off base here but look at the enhancer print in the upper left. Unless it is the way the image was captured, it sure looks like there is something wrong and there is a darker area in the middle.

HP Recommended

Is this genuine HP ink?

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

Yes. All the inks im using are HP inks.

HP Recommended

waste no time.. try different paper...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.