Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Every Word document that contains a image (jpeg in most cases) gets cropped on two sides when printed, even though print preview reflects otherwise.  These are not new documents and printed fine with previous printer (Epson).  Called tech support and the rep was stumped although I see many posts in the forum about this.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi dlmott27,

Welcome to the HP Support forums.  I understand that documents printed previously with another brand are not printing correctly with your HP printer.

To better assist you, would you please provide some further information:

1)       What make/model/product number of HP printer do you have? Guide to finding your product number

2)      How is the printer connected (USB cable, ethernet, or wireless)?

3)      Are you printing the documents from the same program that was used to print the documents before? If not, what happens when you print using the same program?

4)      What operating system are you using?  Is it the same operating system that was running when the documents were printed previously?

Thank you.

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I also am getting the exact same problem.

Word 2007

Windows 7 profeessional

HP deskjet 2542 wireless connection.  Works fine on previous HP, and current epson.  Crop images in word on 2 sides. print preview shows correctly.

HP Recommended
Fix...
When you hit the print button a new window will pop up. Somewhere there is a button regarding scaling to size. (Mine is at the bottom right). Open up the drop down and pick your paper size and that will fix it. Seems this has to be done every time there is a JPEG
HP Recommended

Problem was debugged by hp support and my background in computer graphics...  The inserted jpeg file had a bad header which caused the HP software to resize the image larger and crop it.  The fix was to cut the image from the msword doc, paste it into paint, then re-select the image in paint and paste it back into word.  HP software was more picky obout printing inserted images.... and there's a lot more infrom,ation in a jpeg file than just the raw graphic data.

HP Recommended

The same problem:

My fresh printer mfp m127fn works fine, except of printing the documents consisting of Inserted or Pasted picture from any source.

All those pictures printed in the place exactly like in "Print preview", but with an enlarged (~ 20-25%) size. Right and bottom parts of the printed pictures are cropped. 

First i tried to dig in the Word, but found out later that this happens when printing from any program and from any computer (Win7, Vista, Win XP). Other printers installed have no problem in printing the same documents, including two different HP printers.

I reinstall printer many times  - first connected to USB, after that - by the Network cable

and updated firmware. No changes

HP Recommended

Did you try my solution above? (paste into paint, save as new jpg, then paste that new jpg back into word)

HP Recommended

Yes. That way it worked.

Thank you, joerauh

In ideal world it would be good to know, why this printer can not do the same print, like other HPs i have.

Nick

HP Recommended

This is a pain, but it works.  Thanks.  

I also found that if you print the page or document into a PDF (with a PDF writer, like CutePDF or many other free ones out there) then the page is printed like you see it, and then you can print the PDF and the jpg data thart is messing up the HP drive is gone, and it prints fine.  I'm having the issues on an M252dw color laserjet printer.  

HP, these are NOT ideal solutions.  Non technical people, my wife, now HATE your printer.  Please FIX THIS!!!

HP Recommended

Thank you for the suggestion. The pdf approach means we can get over this issue with a few more clicks even if the document has a lot images with incorrect headers.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.