Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I can connect to My iMAC but not the iPhone or iPAD on the network.  How do I Fix this?

HP Recommended

Hi MITTS1959,

Sorry to hear your experiencing issues on your iOS devices.

I'd be glad to help. Is your HP printer model the Deskjet 2540 as well? This printer is compatible with Airprint.

As long as your iOS device is connected to the same network/router as the printer, you should be able to see the printer when you attempt to print. This is also true if the iOS device is connected directly to the printer.

Please view the Airprint frequently asked questions at this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02623193

Let us know if you still can't use the Airprint function on your iOS devices.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi

I am having the exact same issue, the printer is definitely connected to the same network as my laptop and the printer is set as default...but when i try to make the connection wirelessly between my laptop and the printer for some reason it cannot find the printer. However if I connect it with the USB it does print!

The network config page shows that the printer has been connected successfully wirelessly to my network but when I go through the wireless set up i get to the part where it asks me for the IP or HOST NAME for the printer and when I add this it just gets stuck and gives me various troubleshooting solutions. I have deactivated my antivirus, firewall etc but this has made no difference. I have removed the CD software and re-installed it too, checked for updates all to no avail.

My printer status shows as "OFFLINE" and i'm not sure how this can be changed in my settings? Not sure if this would have anything to do with my connectivity problem?

I am loosing the will to live. Any help would be most appreciated.

My latpop is running windows 8.1 and my laptop is HP 15-r029 notebook (64bit operating system).

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Dear Friend,

I did the steps as mentined above....

But when I hold the Blue Wireless button and the Red X button simultaneously the Power button started blinking....

But at that time the Blue Wireless button is not blinking.....

Instead as soon as the Power button becomes solid from blinking,the Blue Wireless button starts blinking...

What to do?

Plsss...Help Me.....:smileyfrustrated:

HP Recommended

Thank you!  I was experiencing the same thing, and this fixed it!  (I had to try a couple times, but it finally worked.) 🙂 

HP Recommended
Maybe this report will help other sufferers in the UK?

I finally fixed my problem by upgrading my router (hub) from BT Home Hub 4 to BT Home Hub 5 .

I had exhausted all the diagnostics available from HP and followed suggestions posted on this forum - within the limits of my capabilities. In desperation, I turned to my IS provider, BT, and they suggested I upgrade my router to the Home Hub 5. Bingo! Everything works perfectly now.

Don't ask me why but it works! BT even arranged my contract so that I only paid the postage for the new unit.
No more restring proters and routers every time I want to print - it's magic!
HP Recommended

I've been switched to Bell Fibe with a new address, BELL647, and now cannot pick up my HP Destop 2540 printer?

HP Recommended

Hi all 

(MacBook Pro)

(Issue: Printer 'offline' but is connected?)

I have been battling with this for about 4 hours now and manged to fix the problem. (For me atleast) 

Open up Microsoft Word, Excel, Safari  (a program you can print from preferably Word).

Go to 'File' at the top then 'Print' to bring up the 'Print Window'  (Were you can select what pages to print etc...)

Click the dropdown tab to select a differnt printer. (It should have defaulted to HP 2540 Deskjet All-in-one series)

Now heres how I fixed mine: there was an option for the same printer but with a shorten name below. (Deskjet 2540 Series) 

I selected this and it magically appeared in my Printers List showing as online. (Apple Symbol>System Preferances>Print&Fax) 

Set as 'Default' and deleted the other printer name.

Fixed, not had any problems so far.

Hope this can help someone if not everyone.

Thanks

SuperManx

HP Recommended

FYI.

Just to add to this forum, I had the exact same issues with WIFI connectivity from my new Windows 8.1 Laptop to the HP Deskjet 2540 Printer. There is alot of discussion around rebooting routers and resetting WIFI on the printer but in my case i knew the connectivity was fine as it was working on my previous Laptop Windows 7. The resolution for my issue was to follow the steps below. In summary all i did was confirm the printer could be seen over WIFI from my laptop using ping and the add the printer from the control panel.

Printer - HP Deskjet 2540

1. Press the Wireless button and Start Copy Black button at the same time to print the network
configuration page - (This will give you the connectivity status and the IP of the printer from your router)

2. Locate the IP address of your printer which will be 192.168.X.X address
3. Verify you can ping the address from a COMMAND prompt - C:>ping 192.168.X.X
4. If you can then Click on:
4.1 Settings
4.2 Control Panel
4.3 Devices and Priners
4.4 "Add a printer"
4.5 Click on "The printer that i want isnt listed"
4.6 Select "Add a printer using the TCP/IP address or Hostname"
4.7 input the Hostname or IP address: 192.168.X.X
4.8 Click next
4.8 Share the printer if you want to i selected to not share
4.9 You will now see the printer and you can print a test page to confirm it is working

This fix was very quick and the printer works fine now.

Cheers

Darren

HP Recommended

Thanks Dwaz, made an account to thank you as your method worked for me : )

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.