Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Bob, I am having some trouble with the same printer. I have it hooked up to a Windows 7 64 bit system, I have downloaded the files needed and applied them to the folder specified. My inital trys were causing the spooler to crash suddenly, thank you for that helpful fix! however my Printer still does not print, i have only checked the test page so far to see if it will print, this is how i know it wont.

It is hooked up using the USB cable and is being used through port USB004. Now i have another HP printer that works fine, the Officejet J6480 All-in-one, but it doesnt print on a certain type of paper i know the 722C will print on. Currently The ink light is blinking on the 722C, and i have checked the ink levels and it appears the Color cartridge is low, but the black cartridge is new, could being low on color ink prevent it from even printing? If not what else could be causing this printer to not work?

HP Recommended

Hi Bob, I am having some trouble with the same printer. I have it hooked up to a Windows 7 64 bit system, I have downloaded the files needed and applied them to the folder specified. My inital trys were causing the spooler to crash suddenly, thank you for that helpful fix! however my Printer still does not print, i have only checked the test page so far to see if it will print, this is how i know it wont.

It is hooked up using the USB cable and is being used through port USB004. Now i have another HP printer that works fine, the Officejet J6480 All-in-one, but it doesnt print on a certain type of paper i know the 722C will print on. Currently The ink light is blinking on the 722C, and i have checked the ink levels and it appears the Color cartridge is low, but the black cartridge is new, could being low on color ink prevent it from even printing? If not what else could be causing this printer to not work?

HP Recommended

gasparks wrote:  Currently The ink light is blinking on the 722C, and i have checked the ink levels and it appears the Color cartridge is low, but the black cartridge is new, could being low on color ink prevent it from even printing? If not what else could be causing this printer to not work?

There is no ink gauge on the 700 series printers.  The ink light blinking indicates an error that will prevent printing.  This will need to be corrected...  See here for some information on resolving blinking lights on the Deskjet 722c.  If the issue is the cartridge then cleaning the cartridge and printer contacts as shown here may help.  You can also see here for information on printing a rudimentary test page from the printer front panel.  This may help verify that you have the printer working.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

How does one install the dll files from my documents to the DOS command line? I have tried copy and paste but it does not seem to work. Is there another way to enable this patch without complicated commands through the command prompt?

Thank you for your assistance.

HP Recommended

For the drag and drop method see here.   To do the copying this way you need to have the printer dialog boxes all closed and you need to do the process with a user with administrative privilege.   

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Can't get the Dekjet 810c software installed on a windows 7 64x version. So can't use the patch yet.

Even with compatibility program from windows it will not install.

HP Recommended

@elmohp810c wrote:

Can't get the Dekjet 810c software installed on a windows 7 64x version. So can't use the patch yet.

Even with compatibility program from windows it will not install.

See my post of 02-14-2010 01:43 PM, but select the Deskjet 812c printer.  Do not use the disk that came with your printer, this will not work on an x64 system.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

Bob,

I read several messages in this thread, skimmed some, then skipped to the end. Of what I read, they all assume that Windows 7 loads a driver. In my situation I have a home LAN with my HP Deskjet 722C connected to an XP box via a standard printer port & printer cable. When I attempt to connect to this printer over the network from my Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium machine, it says the driver is not found and opens a file browsing dialog. Though I installed the patch, nothing even get's started because the driver is not installed.

Please help.

Thanks,

Ken

HP Recommended

@ksevksev wrote:

I read several messages in this thread, skimmed some, then skipped to the end. Of what I read, they all assume that Windows 7 loads a driver. In my situation I have a home LAN with my HP Deskjet 722C connected to an XP box via a standard printer port & printer cable. When I attempt to connect to this printer over the network from my Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium machine, it says the driver is not found and opens a file browsing dialog. Though I installed the patch, nothing even get's started because the driver is not installed.

This is probably buried somewhere in the couple hundred responses, but here goes: on the Windows 7 machine go to the Devices and Printers folder, Add a Printer, Local Printer, Create a Port, Local Port, \\Computername\Printername (use the actual share name for the computer and printer), OK, then click on Windows Update and then select HP Deskjet 720c.

You will need to apply the patch after installing the driver as described above.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

I still have problems, and hope I did the patch correctly. The 3 dll's I did were the 3 that showed at the very top of the patch. I can align the cartridges with no problems. However when I go to print the light on the printer keeps flashing and it acts like it is going to print but does not. I have to look at the printer for jobs to print and delete the job as it says error. I then get a blank page to feed out when I push the button on the printer that is flashing. I know not to print a test page, but that does not seem to even matter. I have removed the printer several times and then added it back and the driver re-loads. My printer is a HP722C. Part of the patch seems to be working as the computer does find it. My OS is Windows Home Edition 64. Before I did the patch I was not able to do anything with the printer, but it just won't print a document, as I have tried to from Word and Notepad with the same results, blank paper. What else do I need to do, as I have been thru all the comments several times and still don't know how to accomplish what so many people have done, (their printer is working) I even went and purchased a new USB cord for the printer, but when I connected it nothing worked, so I put the other one back and got the results stated above. This is driving me insane. What are the names of the dll's so I can check I used the correct ones? Can anyone tell me what else to do.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.