Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just installed my Officejet 4620.

However, I cannot find the function of duplex printing in the Print configuration.  I understand that I have to manually flip the paper over like my previous model 4500.  Anyone knows the solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have referenced  the manual for your printer. A manual 2 sided printing option may not be available with in the printer preferences.  (Where you would go to the control panel and set the preferences for the printer  from there) But the application your  printing from like MS Word for example, you can  go to FIle>>Print>> look under Settings and see if the option of "Manually print on both Sides" is available. You can also can check Excel and Adobe too. Here is the link for your printer manual http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03251656.pdf

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

HI jaimzbng,

The Officejet 4620 doesn't have a duplex option. The only way to do it is like you said print it out and flip the paper over.

Here is a link to the specifications for your Printer.

If I helped you at all it would be great if you clicked the blue kudos star!

If I solved your post please mark it as solved to help others.

I'm a printer tech with HP.

HP Recommended

I have referenced  the manual for your printer. A manual 2 sided printing option may not be available with in the printer preferences.  (Where you would go to the control panel and set the preferences for the printer  from there) But the application your  printing from like MS Word for example, you can  go to FIle>>Print>> look under Settings and see if the option of "Manually print on both Sides" is available. You can also can check Excel and Adobe too. Here is the link for your printer manual http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03251656.pdf

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your help!

And thanks for the tip to use Manual Duplex function in MS Word.  It really works!  I'm grateful!

HP Recommended

It would have been simpler to say it doesn't do duplex...

HP Recommended

Thanks, I've learnt to improvise using the print odd and even page function.  Just one additional step!  I would still prefer that the printer has duplex functiong though.  So much easier

HP Recommended

Sadly, the price ticket at COSTCO touts this printer as 2 sided printing....NOTHING about having to do it manually.

What a bunch of BS.

HP Recommended

I find it incredible not all HP printers have the duplex print option.  With all the hipe about conservation and going green by utilizing such options, one would think duplex printing would be an automatic thing.  I can only guess the paper manufactuers would be against all this.  Less paper sales means less income means less profits for the big executives and not being able to afford that second or third home in the South of France and elsewhere.  Well, that won't happen on my dime.  I will continue to struggle with manual duplex printing and afford myself a respectable bottle of champagne from my savings of buying less paper.  CHEERS!!!

HP Recommended

Using the print on both sides function  in the print settings as described in this fix won't actually print the odd/even numbered pages correctly. If you follow the steps in this youtube video you can use proper duplex printing functionality via the OfficeJet Pro K550 driver : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJU12_6YH8Y

HP Recommended

This is an excellent solution. It worked well for me.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.