Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
LaserJet M402dn
Other

Organization owns numerous LJ M402dn's.  WHEN will HP no longer sell/support the M402dn having reached its end of life?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

that model just recently replaced the M401, so I would expect to see it actively sold for the next year or two- then you can expect toners and some parts to be available for at least 7 years, toners and rebuilt fusers for 10-15 years or as long as they are enough units to warrant continued consumable production.

The printers will probably go for about 150-200k engine cycles before the fusers fail. The most I've seen a M401 series go to is 300k counts. At that point it will be cheaper to replace the printers, as the cost for a tech & fusing unit will cost more than a new replacement model.

I have around (70) M425's/M401's in service for various managed print customers- those go to an average of 200k probably, and we replace them with M402's- we've also recently been upgrading 2430's to M402's with extra paper trays- and they seem to perform well.

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

that model just recently replaced the M401, so I would expect to see it actively sold for the next year or two- then you can expect toners and some parts to be available for at least 7 years, toners and rebuilt fusers for 10-15 years or as long as they are enough units to warrant continued consumable production.

The printers will probably go for about 150-200k engine cycles before the fusers fail. The most I've seen a M401 series go to is 300k counts. At that point it will be cheaper to replace the printers, as the cost for a tech & fusing unit will cost more than a new replacement model.

I have around (70) M425's/M401's in service for various managed print customers- those go to an average of 200k probably, and we replace them with M402's- we've also recently been upgrading 2430's to M402's with extra paper trays- and they seem to perform well.

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.
HP Recommended
tonerspills THX for the detailed explanation!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.