Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thank you for the information. Adding a generic printer driver will not provide scanning functionality, unfortunately, as it only a printer driver. A clean install of Windows would resolve the issue, though.

If you found the information I provided useful, please mark my posts with Kudos and Accepted Solution, so other users can locate this information easily. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I'm only here to help!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Hi SuperMario, thanks for responding to our pleas! 

Just to clarify - I'm not sure if everyone here is having this problem - but I AM able to install the printer driver for my printer and successfully print.  It is the HP Solutions software which will NOT install.  Therefore, I can't scan from the printer or use the other features in the HP Solutions software.

I wanted to make sure following your steps would help with this problem, before embarking on them.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello Leo3d. The troubleshooting I provided on this thread applies to you. However, if the troubleshooting does not resolve the issue, please reference this thread: HP Deskjet D2300 Series Driver not Working in Windows 7

Disregard the title of the thread. The two posts I provided, in that thread, are potential troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. The user that created the thread describe this in his/her issue. Keep note that some of the steps will be repeated.

Please inform me when you complete the troubleshooting. I'm only here to help!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Mario, you suggest "
On this page, please click the "SP40669 File Download" under the "See also" section." but I cannot find this anywhere in the posts. Have you moved it?

HP Recommended

Thank you SuperMario1, after days of online research and NO HELP FROM HP Support over the phone, I finally came across this thread. 

Dont know if it was the patch or the unistal-l3 that solved my issue.

HP Recommended

Mario,

I did everything you said except reinstall Windows. 

It is interesting that everything else on my Windows 7 Professional laptop works just fine. 

I even have a virtual XP system on this laptop and it works perfectly. 

Also, I have a desktop with Windows 7 Professional and the printer installed perfectly. 

I just cannot install it on the laptop.  After the files are extracted, I get the "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" pop-up window and the installation is immediately terminated. 

Any ideas? 

Do you still think I need to reinstall Windows?  If so, can I just do a 'repair' instead of a full install? 

Thanks! 

Jim Guess
One-on-One
Computer Help
HP Recommended

To solve the C++ error you need to down load the HP Scrubber utility and run a level 4 uninstall (You can also find the L4 uninstall in the driver software if you search for it in %temp% in windows).  I hit another problem after getting rid of C++ in that the driver installer failed "file not found" whatever I did. After much frustration I found that this was caused by the BT issued version of McAfee. Turn off Real Time Scanning" and it works with no problem. Hope that helps.

HP Recommended

OK, I did what you said to do. 

Now I get this pop-up:

Text - "The system cannot find the file specified"

Pop-Up box title - C:New Folder\OJP8500vA909_Full_14\Setup\hpzpnpProste w u¿yciu szablony ...

That is where the file name ends ... and, yes, the spaces and the upsidedown question mark are there ...

What is going on? 

Jim Guess
One-on-One
Computer Help
HP Recommended

Here is the latest I just tried. 

I decided to remove all HP products using that removal tool, then I went to Devices and Printers > Add a Printer.

It works!  I can print to it now!  The properties tool also works just fine. 

No, I cannot scan and fax from the computer, but I can print. 

I just cannot install the HP Solution Center. 

HP needs to know so they can fix this problem. 

Jim Guess
One-on-One
Computer Help
HP Recommended

Jim,

Your problem with "The system cannot find the file specified" sounds very like the one I had, which was caused by my virus scanner (not the firewall) so it needs turning of. Sounds as if you are printing now with the Windows basic driver. If you scrub everything again, delete the printers and try to download the full function driver again it will hopefully give you function including scanning. Worked for me but I must admit it took some considerable time and frustration before I worked it out!!!!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.