Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Scanjet G3110
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dopo un aggiornamento automatico di Windos10, lo scanner ha smesso di funzionare. Una finestra di allarme rileva l'impossibilità di colloquiare con lo scanner dando l'errore 8,[(1,0,-1)].

Ho disinstallato tutto, spento lo scanner e scollegato il cavo USB.

Siccome sul CD di installazione non è previsto Windows10, ho scaricato dal supporto HP il driver disponibile e l'ho installato, seguendo le istruzioni, in particolare collegando il cavo USB solo quando richiesto.

La situazione non è cambiata.

Ho provato allora a collegare lo scanner ad un PC portatile con W10 al quale non era mai stato connesso. Un suono ha segnalato la connessione. Si sono installati automaticamente i driver ma al lancio della scansione è uscito un allarme analogo segnalando l'impossibilità di collegarsi allo scanner.

Cosa posso fare?

Grazie

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Forum. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To ensure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Forum.

German: HP Kundenforum
Spanish: Foro de usuarios de HP
French: Forum des utilisateurs
Portuguese: Fórum dos usuários HP
Chinese: 惠普个人客户支持论坛
Korean: HP 지식커뮤니티

Thank you for your understanding

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Sorry for italian...

after a Windos10 authomatic update on my desktop PC, the scanner stop to work.

A window alarm state the impossibility to communicate with scanner due to "error 8,[(1,0,-1)]".

I proceeded with complete uninstallation, unplug the USB cable and switch off of the scanner.

Since my CD did't have W10 compatibility, I dowloaded from the HP support  web site the available version for W10.

After installation (following the instruction switching-on and connecting the scanner only when requested by the installation procedure), the situation remain the same.

Then I  plugged the scanner to a laptop with W10 where G3110 wasen't never installed nither connected.

A sound was generated at the plug in.

After few seconds the installation was done in authomatic way.

Unfortunatelly the scanner dont work and a similr alert was generated (communication with scanner impossible).

NEW TEST: I installed the G3110 on my old laptop whit WindowsVista and it works perfectly (same scanner, same USB cable).

What I have to do? Can you help me?

Thanks a lot

HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP community @GF53,

I understand you are experiencing an "error 8,[(1,0,-1)]" on your HP Scanjet G3110 Photo Scanner. I will be happy to help.

I recommend starting by downloading and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor from HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows. Please let me know the results.

Below, I have posted a link to a forum post by jabzi (Message 6 of 15), that offers some potential troubleshooting solutions to this issue. Please try the steps, in order and get back to me with the results.

Scanner error -- 8

I hope this helps.

MarcelusWallace

I work on behalf of HP

★Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
★Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say "Thanks" for helping!

HP Recommended

Hi!

I try with Diagnostic tool but the application don't see the scanner (2 printres was discovered, but not the scanner; after unplugging both the printers, the scanner continue to be lost).

Then I follow the procedure described in "Scanner error --8". I find the file Hpiscnapp.exe but the result is a window error with error 4,[1,0,80040001),(3,58,0)].

Just unplugging the USB cable from my desktop PC and plugging in into my laptop with Windows vista, the scanner work immediately and correctly (so, I suppose that Scanner and cable are ok).

I can add also that when my PC worked with Winows7, the scanner was working correctly. After migration to Windows8 some trouble happens (i.e. The buttons on the top of the scanner stop works) and after automatic migration to Windows10 the scanner completely stop showing error 8.

Thanks a lot for your support

BR

HP Recommended

Hallo to everyone. Yesterday when i  tried to use the G3110 scanner i faced the same problem. The Hp scanner program returned with error  8,[(1,0,-1)] ....... The strange thing is a day before everything worked OK. My OS is WIN 10 PRO 64BIT . I tried eveyrthing (remove the scanner and installed again ,download end re-install driver-program) .Nothing worked.

Also i have to mention that in dev.manager the  scanner is appeared but is disable (This device is disabled. (Code 22) ) . When i tried to enable i get the message  that  can not enable the device...

The scanner checked and worked ok in my friend desktop pc with win 10 OS.

What is happening...?

HP Recommended

After my long story (see previous posts), last month my HD broke and I substitute it.

I reinstall everything and now the scanner work properly....

BR

HP Recommended

The desktop which i refered is in my office so to install everything from the begging is not my solution....

HP Recommended

The issue solved. The problem was the  antivirus program who was blocking my usb port which scanjet was connected....

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.