Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I ned a help please!

I have upgraded my PC to win-7 64-bit, I have the DesignJet 650C plotter, but don't have the driver.

Where could you find a driver for it?

Tanks,

Marcelo Cassol

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This forum is focused on consumer level products.  For the Designjet you may have better results posting in the HP Enterprise Designjet forum here.  

That said, you can download the x64 XP/Windows Server 2003 drivers from this link.  I had good success using these drivers in Windows 7 x64.  To install the driver download the driver and unzip it in some convenient directory.  Go to the Devices and Printers folder, Add a Printer, select the proper port, Have Disk and point at the directory where you unzipped the driver.  There are four versions of the 650C, the A and B versions in 24" and 36" versions.  Select the proper printer from the list.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

If it exists, you can find it at the top of this page with the link "Support & Drivers".

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

So, Thanks for your help . . .

Marcelo Cassol

HP Recommended

This forum is focused on consumer level products.  For the Designjet you may have better results posting in the HP Enterprise Designjet forum here.  

That said, you can download the x64 XP/Windows Server 2003 drivers from this link.  I had good success using these drivers in Windows 7 x64.  To install the driver download the driver and unzip it in some convenient directory.  Go to the Devices and Printers folder, Add a Printer, select the proper port, Have Disk and point at the directory where you unzipped the driver.  There are four versions of the 650C, the A and B versions in 24" and 36" versions.  Select the proper printer from the list.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Pardon me for the "stupid" question.  I was recently given a Designjet 650C plotter, and need to know how to tell which "version" I have for selecting the proper printer when I install the drivers.  Thanx in advance.

HP Recommended

@wolfman01 wrote:

Pardon me for the "stupid" question.  I was recently given a Designjet 650C plotter, and need to know how to tell which "version" I have for selecting the proper printer when I install the drivers.  Thanx in advance.

There is a plate on the back right side that shows the printer serial number.  Just above the serial number is the printer model.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

Did you solve your problem?  I too am trying to get a DesignJet 650C to work on a Windows 7 64 unit.

HP Recommended

@MK-IV wrote:

Did you solve your problem?  I too am trying to get a DesignJet 650C to work on a Windows 7 64 unit.

I am using an HP Designjet 650C in Windows 7 x64 as described in this post.   I have it connected with a JetDirect card I picked up on eBay for <$20.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

Thanks, I will give that a try.

HP Recommended

HELP ME DesignJet 650C win-7 64-bit

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.