Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi bigrich99,

Any update from HP? It looks like to new firmware is available.

HP Recommended

No update from HP and I do not any see new firmware (just 1 page still offering the old faulty version)!

Where did you find new firmware available ykarulin?

Rich

HP Recommended

Sorry, there is a typo. I meant to write "it looks like no new firmware is available".

I am thinking about complaining to the local consumer rights protection organization, as removing (whether intentionally or not) a distinctive feature from the fully functioning product without any customer's notification doesn't look right for me.

HP Recommended
I have the same problem with my 1022N. How can I fix it?

@warrenbailey wrote:

I gave up on the wireless option and linked directly to my Mac via a USB cable whilst waiting for a fix.

Ive just noticed that my printer only prints out the first page of a 2 page doc, the second page is just a blank bit of paper.

Ive just printed a 3 page doc and it printed pages 1 and 3 missing 2, not even a blank sheet (as if that were something).

Come on HP, i work in IT and have always reccomended your printers - wouldnt want to change that. Im getting fed up of truging up and down stairs to print something just to see its still not printing properly.

I think i preferred the old firmware where i had to keep restarting the printer when printong from a mac, at least the PCs worked and the wireless worked.

Poor show HP, poor show.

Warren

HP Recommended

I'm still looking into whether a firmware update will be released or not, and if so, when.  When I know something I will let you all know.  Thank you for being patient. 

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended
Thanks Shane - looking forward to any news ...
HP Recommended

No support from HP, No correct firmware.

I want to change HP 1022NW to another vendor's device. 

Could someone recommend for it me?

HP Recommended

I can mirror that thought, at this moment i will never buy ar advise on buying an HP printer again.

My emails regards this thread date back to November last year and im amazed its still not resolved. i cannot believe that HP not only uploaded a firmware that removed functionality from a printer but at the same time removed any legacy drivers so that i can put it back to how it was.

Im going to give up on waiting for a resolution which probably just involves putting older firmware back on the website.

When my printer, which i have to keep going upstairs to use runs out of toner, i shall throw it away and replace it with the likes or Samsung or Epson. I will also smash it up so that noone else can use it.

Shame on you HP.

Warren

HP Recommended

Warren

It has to be a new firmware release - reverting to old firmware is not an option as far we can tell (or HP would probably have suggested that once the problem was confirmed).  Once you have installed this upate the printer will not accept (intentionally or unintentionally by HP?) any older firmware - a number of us tried that with saved copies of previous releases we had.  I even tried hacking it to get the old firmware downloaded by the new loader but didn't succeed with that either.  I can only speculate that this may have been part of the 'security' update to prevent reversion to an earlier 'insecure' version of firmware.  All it really secured was the removal of wireless!!!!!

So any updates yet Shane_R?

Regards

Rich

HP Recommended

I still haven't gotten any updates about this.  I did look and HP has pulled down the firmware that was causing this, but they haven't put up any info about future updates or a way to fix this.  I'm still trying to find out what's going on.  As soon as I do I'll post the info here.  I wish I had more, but things take a while in a company this big. 😞

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.