Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 8620 All-in-One Printer
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Hello, I'm trying to see if I can install new printer Apps onto my printer - when I choose 'More' on my printer, it tells me to go to the address 'https://www.hpconnected.com'. Now, even after I register, there is NO option to download apps anywhere. All the links in the header are dead or don't go anywhere, what even is the purpose of this page? 

I have an HP 8620 All-in-one printer. 

Can someone please tell me how to download apps on this site?

Thanks,

Zach

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

@rainmaker3000

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand the HP 8620 Printer Apps

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you know that the HP Connected is inactive for most printers, however, Its still active for your HP Officejet 8620?

While you respond to that, I recommend you update the printer firmware: Click here to find and install.

then assign Manual IP and Google DNS.

Here are the steps to add or remove the apps from your printer.

1. Login to HP Connected.
  2. Navigate to Devices Tab.
  3. Click on Add a Printer.
  4. Enter the claim code of the printer and then navigate to the tab services.
  5. If you have already claimed the printer on hp connected navigate to services.
  6. Under Services Printables in the tab which displays all the apps which the printer supports.

HPC.JPG

7. You will now see the above page with My Printables on <Your Printer Name>
  8. Click on any of the app you want to add to your printer.

eStorage.JPG

9. You will see this page with Add to My Printables.

10. Click on this button and there you go Your app will be available on the Printers Touch Panel.

11. Similarly, if you click on settings button of any of the apps which are already available on your printer, which is listed in the My Printables section, instead of Add to my Printables you will see, Remove from my Printables / Schedule Print ON, OFF or PAUSE option.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi there, thanks for your reply - but where is this 'Devices' tab you speak of?

I've updated the firmware.

However, on the main page of HPConnect.com once logged in, there are only the selections below (see screenshot) and NONE of these links actual go anywhere or do anything (broken links?, see URL)...which is precisely my reason for posting this issue. Let me know what I should do.

Thank you again!

2017-07-31_15-51-55.jpg

HP Recommended

P.s- I installed the recommended Driver software..and when it completed, in order to register it sent me to HP's online...which is a blank page (no matter what browser I'm in):

https://oss.hpconnected.com/#/setup-complete/no-ink/?userEmail=[MY EMAIL]%40gmail.com&inkSubscription=optedOut&alreadyEnrolled=false&flow=geminiInkEnrollment&finish=false&lang=en&ode_flow=xmoc1&modelName=HP+Officejet+Pro+8620&uid=402ac0f36b9a8a3a7fa6b291b9b3f97c45684be4b5c75da43813afca51651602&productNumber=A7F65A&cc=US&serialNumber=CN4BREW0SJ&appName=easystartosx&redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Foss.hpconnected.com%2Foss%2Finstalls%2Fa3016c8385dbacaeef1371ef908c5133%2F7bd560ab57714394b92c7988ed5dcb2a%2Fsteps%2Fbadb6fd255d74b708ec884e7e8d0d0a8&osType=OSX&noDataCollection=true

..this is really starting to get frustrating.

HP Recommended

@rainmaker3000

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

Considering the other steps didn't help, I looked around and here's the alternate method of enabling the web services and making the changes we need:

Set up Web Services using the printer control panel

The printer control panel provides an easy way to set up and manage Web Services.

To set up Web Services, complete the following steps:

1. Make sure the printer is connected to the Internet using either an Ethernet or wireless connection.

2. From the printer control panel, touch (print apps) or (HP ePrint).

3. Touch Yes to accept the Web Services terms of use and enable Web Services.

4. In the Auto Update screen, touch Yes to allow the printer to automatically check for and install product updates.

NOTE: If a printer update is available, the printer will download and install the update, and then restart.

You will have to repeat the instructions from step 1 to set up HP ePrint.

NOTE: If prompted for proxy settings and if your network uses proxy settings, follow the onscreen instructions to set up a proxy server. If you do not have the proxy details, contact your network administrator or the person who set up the network.

5. When the printer is connected to the server, the printer prints an information page. Follow the instructions on the information page to finish the setup.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I really don't understand what you're asking. My printer's web services work just fine and all updates are installed and current. 

The issue is the HPConnected.com page provides NO access to my 'Devices' and the tabs are either broken or has no use whatsoever. Have you tried accessing this site yourself?

Please tell me exactly how I can access options or configuration for my 'HP 8620 All-in-one printer' on this site (as my printer advised). None of the solutions prior have had any success, and I'm beginning to think HP closed out their apps program, redirected services to HPConnected, without checking if it's actually functional at all.

Can you please advise?

HP Recommended

@rainmaker3000

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your the clarification,

I was under the impression that this was about web services,

Now that it's been clarified, I'm afraid I must let you know that the HP Printables via the HPConnected page is no longer active:

Click here for details about the discontinuation of the service

HP Printables and HP Printables mobile app retire on October 31, 2016.

The retirement time frame is June 2016 through October 31, 2016.

Review this list of frequently asked questions for answers about the HP Printables and HP Printable mobile app retirement.

(I hope that clears the confusion and helps you out).

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

Followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Now I'm super confused...just above you stated...

"

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you know that the HP Connected is inactive for most printers, however, Its still active for your HP Officejet 8620?

"

Which is it??

Also, what is the purpose of HPConnect.com anyway? I was given instruction that there was a way to access the 'Devices' (which appears to be 'My Printers' - see my screenshot above).

HP Recommended

@rainmaker3000

Thank you for replying

I appreciate your time and efforts,

That said, As mentioned earlier the support for Printer apps are discontinued,

The HP Connect is no longer active, that is why it's blank or nothing in the website works,

You may have to use external application from the PC connected to your printer instead of the ones used with the printer control panel as the printer control panel apps are no longer active.

I hope that clears all the confusion.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

Followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Does it make sense to have a website that is meant to provide support and configuration for your HP printer to have nothing work or have no use whatsoever? If it's no longer active, what is it's purpose and why didn't the latest firmware not ammend this notification in the 'Apps' section?

You also didn't identify your earlier comment about the HP 8620 still having access to the apps. Is this true or not?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.