Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi, I did not find a proper post (even if I think there must be one 😞

I would like to set up Scan-to-email via Google Mail (we have a Google Apps premium installation).

I tried to set up smtp.googlemailcom port 465 which is SSL and needs user password.

Do I really have to supply a valid mail account for a printer - I would not like to see the printer using my personal mail account.

Google Apps premium charges for each mail account!

Anybody having the same configuration and found a solution?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Another person with this problem of scanning to gmail no working. Using a CM4540.

Thanks for any HELP!

HP Recommended

Same problem here with a CM4540 ...

Somedoby have a solution ?

HP Recommended

Make sure you have the following settings.

(For this example I'll assume your username is abc@gmail.com. If you using Google for your domain/Google Apps, just change the @gmail.com to whatever your domain is).

• Go to the assigned IP of your printer
  • Click on Scan, and click on the left side: Outgoing E-mail Profiles
  • You might be redirected to the HTTPS pages, ignore the warning, and click the Outgoing E-mail Profiles again.
  • Click New
  • Type your email address and your name
  • Click Next
  • On the SMTP server type: smtp.gmail.com
  • On the SMTP Port type: 465
  • Click on the: Always use secure connection (SSL/TLS)
  • Click on the: SMTP server requires authentication for outgoing e-mail messages
  • Your SMTP user ID is your full email address: abc@gmail.com or your full email address with your domain (if you're using Google Apps/ Google for your domain)
  • Type your password, click Next
  • If you want to assign a PIN number, you can do this on that window, otherwise click Next
  • Attachment size - I recommend to leave it on Auto, it will know how to handle limits.
  • CC - select if you want a copy or not, click Next
  • Click Save and Test. If everything works ok, you'll get a test email.

Now you can go to your HP device, click on Scan, select Scan to Email. set any parameter you want (color, black/white, single or double side, etc) and click Scan. within a minute of two you'll get the email with the scanned document(s).

Enjoy,

Hetz

Long time Android user.
HP Recommended

I could not follow the instructions. What is meant by "go to the assigned IP of your printer? Where would I do that?  Many thanks.  LG

HP Recommended

Same here. Can't access the assigned IP adress. And trying the email setup from the CM3530 will cause a 49.4C02 error. The gateway seems the problem. I also use Apps/gmail and tried several of the solutions proposed on this site (unplugging all cables, powering down, updating firmware...). I used so much time on this, it would just be great to actually solve it.

HP Recommended

HEY GUYS i FIND a way it sort of works!!!!

FIRst thing, 

if you are running a PC (Windows 7/8)

Use HP Scan to Folder feature. It works whole lot better than Scan to Email.

everything can be set up through HP's software installation. (only for pc)

NOW, if you  are using a MAC just like me,

You have to stay with Scan to Email (Scan to folder doesn't work for mac).

and this is what u need to do

1. FIND OUT YOUR SMTP IP. And this you need to ask your internet provider or you can google search it (ex. search AT&T Smtp ip) , try find something like a list of ip address of your smtp. (xxx.xxx.x.xxx)

2. OPEN UP your "Show Printer Webpage" on Printers & Scanners Preference at SETTING, GO TO Digital Sending:

HP Printer Scan to Emai2l.jpg

I find Gmail a lot better to be the sender.

And The whole thing works better when I disable SMTP Authentication (surprised!)

Also, It's better to use the same email address for sender and receiver for scan. It works faster and more stable too!

Things HP never teach & instructed. and we have to figure them out ourselves (ashame them).

HP Recommended

Hey Guys(and ladies),

I have a CM3539 and when I try to set up the scan to folder option, and I click the scan wizard, it asks for me to install the CD that came with this printer. I purchased it on ebay and they don't have a CD for it. I tried downloading that Park admin and it doesn't work in 32bit systems(using Windows 7 Ultimate 64)

Can someone walk me through this or can they copy the CD and I'll pay for shipping and all, I just need this scan to work so my employees can work saving docs on the server again.

Thank you,

Daivd-

HP Recommended

Hello Jcc449,

Thank you sooooooo much for the instructions on the scan to gmail.

Could you do the same thing for a PC on Windows 7, 64 bit on how to set up and use the scanner to network folder?

Or just to the PC folder.

Thanks again

David-

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.