Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet Pro 6830

The printer is functioning normal (fax, print, scan), it just won't copy.  I have restored to factory, unplugged the power cord to the back of the machine all to no avail.  When I press 'black' or 'color' copy the machine will chime at me (as if to indicate it has been pushed), but nothing will happen and I get no error messages.

My network is completely wireless and no computers are wired (if that makes a difference)

Please help!!

Daniel

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @almandr,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I see that your HP Deskjet Pro 6830 printer will not copy (through Feeder or on glass). I am happy to help! 

I was unable to find the support page for a HP Deskjet Pro 6830, so I am assuming that you have an HP Officejet Pro 6830 printer. Am I correct? To find your printer's Product/Model Number follow instructions in this link. Finding Your HP Product Model Number.

What size and type of paper are you using to try and copy? (eg. Letter 8.5 x 11). 

In the meantime, please try a hard reset, by following the instructions, in this post, How to perform a Hard Reset, by @Rich1. It is important that the printer's power cable is plugged directly into the wall outlet, and not a surge protector. Issues when Connected to an Uninterruptible Power Supply/Power Strip/Surge Protector. This applies to Inkjet printers as well.

I would also recommend to make sure the firmware is up-to-date. Getting Printer Updates

Hope these steps are helpful, and hope to hear from you soon! Smiley Happy

If this, or any of the posts on this thread, has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on "Accept as Solution" on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful of my post, kindly click the thumbs up below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Unfortunately the hard reset and the firmware updates did not help my problem with copying.  are there other fixes I should try?

Thanks, Daniel

HP Recommended

Tried hard reset and did not work.  Further sug

HP Recommended

My printer is having this same issue, same model.  Have tried hard reset and checked for updates.  Are there any other fixes to try?

HP Recommended

HP printer head broke before this was resoslved, so I solved the problem by buying a Canon printer

HP Recommended

I

I have experienced the same problem. Got on the phone with HP and couldn't resolve the issue. A new one is coming today. Here is what I found in the meantime. You can probably do the following. Turn on the printer, open the top part where the cartridges go. I belive the interlock switch sometimes doesn't work right. Close it firmly. Do the same with the scanner feed and flat top cover. Then power off the printer. Disconnect the power too the printer. Press the on/off switch for ten seconds two times. Reconnect the power and switch on. It will probably come back to life. Also, if you have the option to work on ethernet rather than USB provided your internet modem has that fuction, the printer works more reliably. Good luck. I'm still returning it though. If HP is interested, they can mess with it when it comes back too them this week.

HP Recommended

I had the same issue, i tried to reinstall the software, i tried firmware, I unplugged, opened and closed everthing a few times, held the power button for 10 secs, plugged it in, did it 2-3 more times and it seems to be working fine.

I have had this device replaced once very early and it worked fine since.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.