Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 4520

IS there a way to scan multiple pages into one document, using the printer controls on the printer itself?

i know i've done it before but cant remember the procedure

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

You'll need to have the FULL feature software installed and have the "Scan to Computer" enabled.

Can you download and install the FULL feature printer software from HP for your operating system:

The following resource will help you :

http://123.hp.com/us/en/

Key in your printer model, Operating System and download & install the FULL feature software.

How to Scan to Computer

Once you have installed the software:

1. Click on the printer Icon (on your desktop) and it will bring up the HP Printer Assistant.
2. Under the Scan menu, there is a “Manage Scan to Computer”, click on that.
3. Make sure that you “Enable” Scan to Computer. Also make sure the tab “Automatically start Scan to Computer when I log on to Windows” is checked if you want to make this feature permanent. (the following video will show you how)

Scan to Computer

How to use "Scan to Computer" properly

When you are doing a Scan to computer, there should be a prompt to ask you "Do you have another item to scan"?  You can then add more pages and then scan!

Hope that helps.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

i dont want to have to run back inforth from my computer to the printer [which is in another room]..  isn't there a way to handle it directly from the printer screen on the printer?

HP Recommended

Hi @sherrycalh

The printer model you have doesn't have an automatic document feeder.

If you want to scan mulitple pages, you will need to place page by page on the scan glass.

Hope that helps!

HP Recommended

i'm good with placing paper page by page on glass....  what i want to avoid is having to go back to my compter in the other room to click on "add another page"...  i want to stay by the printer

HP Recommended

HI @sherrycalh

So does the "How to Scan to Computer" resource helps you?

WHen you do that, even with the Scan glass, it will prompt you if you have more pages to scan.

Let us know that your issue is resolved?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

i am able to scan multiple pages using my desktop and selecting ADD amother page each time....having to walk back to the computer, select and then walk back to the scanner....

i want to be able to add more pages while staying at the scanner the whole time????  is this possible??

HP Recommended

Hi,

It should be able to.  Have you tried that?  After scanning 1 page, there is a prompt that ask if you want to "Add more pages"

Hope that helps!

HP Recommended

i don't get the prompt on my scanner screen...  where do i need to go to set it up so it will prompt me from the scanner screen [and not the computer] ?

HP Recommended

Hi @sherrycalh

We just tried on an Envy 4520.  Unfortunately, the printer doesn't have the feature to scan additional pages from the printer (Scan to Computer)

Thanks.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.