Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am attempting to scan to email and am receiving an error "The scan failed. Try again or touch Exit to quit".

I was able to scan to email previously and it no longer works.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @ceballosj,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with scan to email from your HP ENVY 7640 e-All-in-One Printer and also you receive an error "The scan failed. Try again or touch Exit to quit".

This issue could occur scan to email is not configured or the printer might not be connected to the network.

Let's go through a few steps to troubleshoot this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you listed below:

1. Touch Scan and then touch Email.

2. On the Welcome screen, touch Continue.

3. Touch in the Email: box to enter your email address, and then touch Done.

4. Touch Continue.

5. A PIN will be sent to the email address you entered. Touch Continue.

6. Touch the PIN to enter your PIN and then touch Done.

7. Touch Store Email or Auto-login, depending upon how you want the printer to store your login information.

8. Select your scan type by touching Photo or Document.

9. For photos, select the scan settings, and touch Continue.

For documents, continue with the next step.

10. Verify the email information, and touch Continue.

11. Touch Scan to Email.

12. Touch OK when the scan completes, and then touch Yes to send another email, or No to finish.

You may also check the link: Scan to a Computer, Email, or Memory Device

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.