Resolve Windows 10 related issues for your HP computers or printers by HP Windows 10 Support Center
Windows 11 Upgrade Guide
I am attempting to scan to email and am receiving an error "The scan failed. Try again or touch Exit to quit".
I was able to scan to email previously and it no longer works.
Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.
I understand that you are facing issues with scan to email from your HP ENVY 7640 e-All-in-One Printer and also you receive an error "The scan failed. Try again or touch Exit to quit".
This issue could occur scan to email is not configured or the printer might not be connected to the network.
Let's go through a few steps to troubleshoot this issue.
And here's the step by step guide for you listed below:
1. Touch Scan and then touch Email.
2. On the Welcome screen, touch Continue.
3. Touch in the Email: box to enter your email address, and then touch Done.
4. Touch Continue.
5. A PIN will be sent to the email address you entered. Touch Continue.
6. Touch the PIN to enter your PIN and then touch Done.
7. Touch Store Email or Auto-login, depending upon how you want the printer to store your login information.
8. Select your scan type by touching Photo or Document.
9. For photos, select the scan settings, and touch Continue.
For documents, continue with the next step.
10. Verify the email information, and touch Continue.
11. Touch Scan to Email.
12. Touch OK when the scan completes, and then touch Yes to send another email, or No to finish.
You may also check the link: Scan to a Computer, Email, or Memory Device
Let me know how this works.
You have a good day ahead.
Rainbow23 I am an HP Employee If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button, “Thumbs up" button!
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Ask the community