Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP envy 7646
I bought the printer a month back. Initially the scan to email worked fine. Then it stopped working. One time I restarted the printer and started working. But now whatever I do, it gives a message, temporarily unavailable. Please try later.

Please suggest what do to. I'm thinking of returning the printer of the issue can't be fixed.
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Rtom ,

I saw your post regarding the problems you are having with your Scan to Email feature on your HP ENVY 7645, and I may be able to help you further with this.

Do you know if the printer is losing internet connectivity?

This error can occur when the printer is unable to communicate with web services over your network.

If you are experiencing issues with the printer not maintaining a strong connection you can try the steps suggested in; HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection.

You may also want to make sure the printer has the most current firmware installed; Getting the Latest Firmware and Product Updates.

I came across this other forum post that has some troubleshooting steps you could also try; Scan to Email Troubles.

It has suggestions/steps to remove the web services, re-enabling the feature, plus instructions on how to setup a manual DNS server. 

Hopefully this helps, please let me know if these steps resolved your issue.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks, 

midnight-anwrs
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue - it helps others find the solution later.

Don't forget to come back and click the Thumbs Up on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

just purchased an Envy 7645 all in one scanner. All works OK except that when sending scans to email there is NO attachment.

Scanning to other devices and computers works fine, scanning to email FROM the computer and the diagnostics tool does send the attachment as PDF.

It does NOT send a PDF attachment when scanning to email from the PRINTER itself.

The email goes through just without the attachment so connectivity to the internet is not a problem.  I can also print from the internet, iPhone and incoming emails so the issue seems to be on the email service or device software.

Thanks

Marcelo

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.