Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

ok thank you.

I followed the procedure til the end, when I press "end" I receive an error message "impossible to install the driver hp lj professional p1102w, type 3 - impossible to complete the operation (error 0x00000002)

I had to copy the driver directory on the desktop, since it disappears from temp folder when I close the hp installation window.

I will test later the second procedure.

Thank you in the meantime

HP Recommended

ok ran the sfc, with any outcomes. the other 2 tests brought no results. I'll call the italian customer service... hope they'll be able to read this topic.

I'll let you updated

bye

HP Recommended

by the way,

what if I uninstall the windows 7 updates I've been doing since mid-December ?

HP Recommended

Hi michelag,

Yes, I would try uninstalling the Window Updates.

I would suggest to setup a new system restore date for the computer, once everything is working properly again.

Create a restore point.

Let me know how you make out.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi - it's me again..

how is a quick way to uninstall all the windows + office updates -?

they're really a lot, could spend 1 day erasing them 1 by 1...

thank you

HP Recommended

Hi michelag,

I came across this document, to help you uninstall all the Windows Updates. I would setup a restore point on the computer, just in case you have any issues after removing all the updates.

How to Remove and Reinstall All Windows Updates.

Hope this helps.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

yes thank you,

I already tried this, but it is not really uninstalling the updates, but just going around the search for updates to restart again...

In this way I'm not able to uninstall, if you know what  I mean...

thank you again

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem, the little HP logo comes on during the first page print, but it immediately prints the second page before I have a chance to switch paper and press the continue button.  I followed the trail in the forum but could not find the answer.  My printer lost its mind, a couple of weeks ago, and I had to reinstall the drivers.

Perhaps its  windows update. it appears mine did the same thing. about the same time.

sdgengineer

HP Recommended

good to know I'm not alone...

just a couple of questions:

is it now working properly ?

did you have recently issues in your system, like trojans, viruses, and/or similar?

I called yesterday the hp service, they said me that the printer is not supported (since it's an old model) and that, probably it has to be a problem of windows, given that it isprinting fine on my girlfriend's computer....

who knows...

HP Recommended

No one day in the middle of Feb the printer didn't work, and I had to reinstall the driver.  That is when I noticed it.  I have since uninstalled, and reinstalled the latest version, and it didn't fix it.  I think it is either a windows update or a registery key issue, but have not really researched it.

sdgengineer

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.