Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

So how does your problem relate to the phantom jams that this thread is discussing?  We/I have been seeing a different error code.

How are you monitoring the sensor information?-is there a test mode one can put the printer into?

Approximately how many pages on the machines?

@copybeagle1 wrote:
I have 4 machines that have stopped functioning because they have a solid 13.20.00 jam. Sensor tests show sensor completely functional. When sensor monitor is on and the machine is allowed to cycle up, the top sensor flickers 3 times then the machine stops cycling and goes to jam condition 13.20.00. Wedged sensor arm for top sensor in case it was, no effect. Replaced sensor, high voltage board, controller board, and formatter board, no effect. I am still working on the problem.

HP Recommended
This started as fantom jams that cleared. Then became worse. If it occured while paper was present, you got the other codes.
The sensor test mode under diagnostics tab. Page count varies but is above 70k for most.
HP Recommended

I rarely ever come to this forum due to the fact that the information given is by amateurs and not by the real technicians of HP. I did, however, come here to give a valid solution that may help most of you people out due to the fact that I too, recently had the same issue. I mean, stick components into an oven? Hell, why don't we throw the whole printer in there! If it is a soldering issue then there would be other areas that would be affected as it is the MB we are talking about.

I own and run a computer business and I repair printers all the time but this was the first time I repaired a HP P3015. Grinding noise and paper jams was evident so I fixed the grinding noise as it was due to the feed roller shaft not connecting properly to the pickup roller in tray 2. (N.B This is a single tray feed only with duplex support)

Anyway, that isn't what I am here for.

The only way to fix your problem is to completely dismantle the side of the printer where the motherboard is, right down to the point of the cogs and wheels being exposed. Be careful here as the cogs are not secured in place and they will fall out if you tip it. Find the offset twin cogs and pull it out so as the cogs and the drive shaft has been removed.

Remove the paper tray and where the pickup roller is, remove it and whatever else you have to. To the right of where the roller was, remove the tray lever switch and underneath is the roller sensor.

It is the roller sensor that is faulty.

In my case, I didn't have the time to order in a replacement from HP so I went down to Jaycar, found some items that might do the job. Modified it a little and then put the whole thing back together.

I just finished printing out a 328 page PDF file of the service manual for the P3010 series. In duplex as well. No ghost jamming evident.

From the sound of it, most of you people run businesses with plenty of printers running all the time and I doubt you would have the time to do the work yourselves. Getting a repairman to do the work could end up being costly so if it is still under warranty, phone them up, tell them what it is and hopefully they will do the right thing.

I won't go into detail on the work I did but I will state that this fixed my problem of the ghost paper jams. As the problem I had was identical to every person here, then I will give it a 90% chance that will fix your problem up.

As for you JohnB, if you found this post and saw people having problems, why did you tell them to post in the correct forum? Sounds like you are wiping your hands of the problem and giving it to someone else. If you don’t have a solution, don’t say a single thing.

HP Recommended

I agree, the reply "this is a commercial printer issue", is about the lamest support reply I have ever seen.

We have this issue and it turned out to be the simplest fix.

While it does not seem to be broken, the front door that you open to replace toner is open just a tiny bit more than it can tolerate (apparently). We pressed it firmly closed and the phantom jams ended. A bit of tape on either side holds it closed all the way and things have been working well.

Seems to be slightly out of spec. Poor engineering maybe, or just rough handing when switching the toner.

HP Recommended

I'm really glad to see I'm not the only one struggling with this issue.

We have purchased 3 P3015 machine's 2 weeks ago. Set them up to work in our network and tested them, everything fine.

Placed them at our Sales department last week, next to each other. 2 of them still run great, the third one is constantly giving this error. Watch this: A BRAND NEW PRINTER. Has yet to reach 400 cycles on the motor.

Any way resolving this issue? Firmware is 07.151.1 on all three machines.

HP Recommended

Sigh, I feel your pain. I am still struggling with my printer after 1.5 years and 6K prints later, still a problem.

Replaced pickup rollers and updated to latest firmware.  Still did not help.  Over weekend had to print two 100+ page docs.  Jammed on both of them, numerous times.  I am not some office wonk....I have advanced degrees in EE and have been over this printer a number of times.  This weekend caused me to reach my limit...Out it went....Hello Brother.  

I can certainly understand a problem in design/mfg or whatever.  What I can't stand is the lack of HPs response on this issue in all this time (and they are still mfg the stupid thing).  In my opinion, they are ignoring the customer....moreover, the are scr***ing the customer. 

What is even more surpising is that no one HP tech person has offered any solid input to this matter.  Ahhhh, where is the HP of the 70s??? Engineering excellence and quality products....another has been company run into the ground by pointy-haired 'management'......

HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums.

Just a reminder that this is a peer-to-peer community of HP customers, and not a venue to contact HP directly. Most of the users here are consumers like yourself who are offering solutions because they like to help others, and any HP employees you see are here on their own capacity and not representing the company.

If you have additional or direct feedback for HP about their products or services, or questions about repair, you can use the link below for contact information.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

If you have other questions and concerns about using the forum, please feel free to send me a private message.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OrnahP
HP Support Forums Moderator

🙂 Clicking the "Kudos Star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!
🙂 When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking "Accept as Solution" to help other members in the future!
Rules of Participation

HP Recommended

I am sorry, but to get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since this is a commercial printer. You can do this at http://h30499.www3.hp.com/hpeb/

I hope this helps.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Update to our story. We let our supplier handle the contact with HP, but for some reason they wouldn't. So our supplier called me today. She started a conference call with me, supplier and HP support. We did a couple of tests on the printer over the phone. And I mailed the results to support.

I did replace tray 2 on the printer with one from another P3015dn (we bought 3 at the same time) last week thursday, no issue since then on both printers. And no issue's during testing with HP support on the phone.

I put the original tray back in the printer that it came in. No problems so far.

We have gotten the go ahead from HP to report DOA when the problem occurs again and replace the printer with a brandnew one.

Kudo's for HP on this one!

HP Recommended
I was able to resolve the phantom jamming my machines were having (13.20.00 were sensor tested good but showed constant jam in normal operation). The solution was replacement of toner cartridge and the problem followed the cartridge to other machines. This problem has played out in multiple hp lj p3015 machines and locations.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.