Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
LaserJet P4015n

Attempting Normal Printing jobs. first i got a maintenance kit message and then i got 49.4c02 error and cannot access the menu or print. i have tried several times to shut off and restart the printer and the same thing happens. Print jobs include documents from word, from the company network computers and directly from our company software. all of which were possible yesterday.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

This error may be caused by a print job stuck in the queue.  Please delete any jobs in your print queue .

I am an HP employee.
Opinions expressed are mine and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of HP.

Reminder: Please select the Accept as Solution button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may select the Kudos button on any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks.
HP Recommended

Since your printer is configured in network, there are 2 scenario to resolve the issue.

First we need to isolate whether the issue is with or without LAN cable connected

Scenario 1 - Without LAN cable connected

Disconnect the LAN cable and restart the unit. If the unit comes to "Ready Mode", then try and print a "Configuration Page".

--------Steps to print "Configuration Page"-----------

1. Select Menu button

2. Select "Information menu"

3. Selct "PRINT CONFIGURATION"

----------------------------------------------------------

If the internal page (Configuration Page) prints fine and then the issue is only while printing from network.

If the unit is not coming to "Ready Mode" after restarting the unit without LAN cable, then perfrom "Cold Reset", "Hard disk initialization" and try upgrading the firmware.

----------Steps to perfrom "Cold Reset"-------------

1. Turn the product power Off.
2. For HP P4010/4510 Series printers: Turn the product power On, and then hold down OK when the memory count begins.
3. Continue holding down OK until all three control-panel lights flash once and then remain on. This might take up to 10 seconds.
4. After the SELECT LANGUAGE message appears on the display, press (Up Arrow button) or (Down Arrow button) until COLD RESET is highlighted.
5. Press OK. The product performs a cold reset and then continues its power-on sequence.
Note: "Cold Reset" will reset all the network settings.

----------Steps to perfrom "Hard disk initialization"-------------
A hard disk initialization will erase and reformat the product's hard disk. Perform hard disk initialization only if an error code displays on the control panel indicating a disk error. Always try initializing the hard disk before replacing it.
1. Turn the product On.
2. As the product performs its power-on sequence, press and hold the Menu button until all three lights on the control panel are lit.
3. Press the back arrow . The message INITIALIZE DISC displays on the control panel.
4. Press OK. The product initializes the hard disk and continues the power-on sequence.

If the issue is not resolved even after doing the above steps "Formatter Board" needs to be replaced to resolve the issue.

Scenario 2 - With LAN cable connected

If the issue is only while printing from PC, then

1. Change the IP of the printer.

2. Upgrade the Firmware when the printer is in "Ready Mode"

3. Change the printer driver installed.

Please let us know if the steps worked or not, we would be glad to assist you further

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.

HP Recommended

I would like to mark Accept As Solution but I don't see it any more. Flashing the firmware did the trick!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.