Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
08-22-2014 01:59 PM
Looking for a driver for an HP LaserJet Model #1018 to download for the Apple iMac OS X Version 10.9.4
Cannot print. Apple could not get a current driver from their web site that works. They suggested I try the HP website but cannot locate the driver I require to connect my printer to the USB port on the iMac.
Solved! Go to Solution.
08-22-2014 03:26 PM - last edited on 04-20-2016 03:13 PM by OscarFuentes
Officially, the HP Laserjet 1018 is not supported on Macintosh computers and there are no drivers available for your printer:
You may try the following workaround and check if that may work, otherwise you will need a printer which is compatible with your computer.
- Download and install the following package:
- Ensure the printer is powered on and the USB is directly connected to your Mac.
- Click the Apple icon, select System Preferences and then go to Printers & Scanners.
- click the plus sign and select the listed 1018 printer.
- Click the Use drop-down menu and then click on Select Printer Software.
- Type 1022 in the search box and select the HP Laserjet 1022 driver.
- Click OK and confirm any dialog, then try printing using the created print queue.
Best of luck,
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
06-21-2015 02:06 PM
I have the HP 1018 Laserjet Printer and followed the instructions exactly as shown downloading the HP Printer Drivers v3.1 for OS X from the link your provided but when I clicked on the Select Software and typed 1022 in the search field, the 1022 software was not listed. I am running OS X 10.10.3 Yosemite. Any ideas why it isn't listed?