cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Dalton69
Level 1
2 1 0 4
Message 1 of 15
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Laserjet 1018 driver for iMac OS X version 10.9.4

HP Recommended

Looking for a driver for an HP LaserJet Model #1018 to download for the Apple iMac OS X Version 10.9.4

Cannot print.  Apple could not get a current driver from their web site that works.  They suggested I try the HP website but cannot locate the driver I require to connect my printer to the USB port on the iMac.

Any suggestions?

Tags (1)
14 REPLIES 14
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
31,286 31,000 5,342 12,440
Message 2 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Officially, the HP Laserjet 1018 is not supported on Macintosh computers and there are no drivers available for your printer:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01973413

You may try the following workaround and check if that may work, otherwise you will need a printer which is compatible with your computer.

1. Download and install the following package:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/dl907
  2. Ensure the printer is powered on and the USB is directly connected to your Mac.
  3. Click the Apple icon, select System Preferences and then go to Printers & Scanners.
  4. click the plus sign and select the listed 1018 printer.
  5. Click the Use drop-down menu and then click on Select Printer Software.
  6. Type 1022 in the search box and select the HP Laserjet 1022 driver.
  7. Click OK and confirm any dialog, then try printing using the created print queue.

Best of luck,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
Dalton69
Author
Level 1
2 1 0 4
Message 3 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Great news!!  It works.  Thanks a bunch.

0 Kudos
AlexanderHP
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Excellent advice - it works!

Many thanks, good Forum!

AlexanderHP  (Happy Person)

0 Kudos
nyrngrz
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the HP 1018 Laserjet Printer and followed the instructions exactly as shown downloading the HP Printer Drivers v3.1 for OS X from the link your provided but when I clicked on the Select Software and typed 1022 in the search field, the 1022 software was not listed. I am running OS X 10.10.3 Yosemite. Any ideas why it isn't listed?

0 Kudos
nyrngrz
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It finally worked for me. Thanks.

0 Kudos
kettnerfreek
Level 1
5 3 0 1
Message 7 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Worked out great as well for OSX 10 yosemite

thanks buddy

freek

0 Kudos
kettnerfreek
Level 1
5 3 0 1
Message 8 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Accepted solution

thanks man

😉

kristy19889
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you very very much for this solution it works!! and now I can print pages of a colouring book I downloaded for my mom and I for when we go camping tomorrow 🙂 YOU ROCK!

0 Kudos
HAZEM33
1 1 0 0
Message 10 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

NEED TO ADD MY HP LASERJET TO AIRPORT EXPRESS,,,PLEASE ANY HELP

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation