Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi kadmiral,

Yes, you can send me a private message, but your IP address is not accessable to anyone without your security information.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

OK

The printer is

IPv4 address  169.254.115.115

ip subnet        255.255.0.0

ip default gateway   169.254.115.115

I think the computer is the folowing.  msconfig yielded a large number of symbols.

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.9

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

The printer goes to sleep after a few minutes so I am not sure how you access it at that time.

HP Recommended

Hi kadmiral,

The IP address indicate that the printer is not connected to your network. Follow the steps in the document below to reinstall the printer, and connect it to your network.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02847467

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

This has 13 pages of instructions using a half dozen alternative possibilities.  I am leaving for most of the rest of today to pick up my daughter so I'm not going to get to it today.  The document says that "This document explains how to install the print drivers and other software for your HP product on a wireless network."  As I mentioned earlier, one of the things I did after it stopped working was to install the latest print driver and firmware (both were downloaded and then intalled using a USB connection).  The printer has worked wirelessly for a year and just stopped in the middle of the day.  What combination of glitches could account for that?

Which of the many methods of doing this should I use?  My computer is a HP laptop which I can connect easily via USB, and I do not have the printer's CD.

I appreciate the help.

HP Recommended

Hi kadmiral,

Follow the steps below.

1. Uninstall the printer from the computer using the Add/Remove programs in Contol Panel.

2. Download the software and driver for your OS at the link below.

HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer Drivers

3. Follow Troubleshoot a Wi-Fi connection to an HP printer

If your wireless router does not support WiFi-Protected Setup (WPS), you can use this method to set up the product on a wireless network. Using a USB cable to transfer settings makes setting up a wireless connection easier. After the setup is complete, disconnect the USB cable.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

It worked!  You are aptly named.  

Do you have any notion why it just stopped working in the middle of the day when I had printed probably six short documents that day?

Thank you very much for you patience and your help.

HP Recommended

Hi kadmiral,

Glad to hear the issue has been resolved. It is possible that your router for some reason lost connection in turn causing the printer to lose connectivity with the network. Have a wonderful day.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

I just had a Verizon Fios wireless router installed. My printer was installed on my old wireless router and now does not work. I have tried to re-install printer through the CD but no luck. How do I access the Device Configuration so I can re-assign the printer to the new router?? 

HP Recommended

Hi ROMO1313,

Uninstall the printer from the Add/Remove programs in Control Panel, and then follow the steps in the document below to reinstall the printer with the new router. Let me know what happens?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02847467

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

I have had this problem for months now.

I have a fully operating printer and then I'll print somehting and it may run out of paper and then BANG, I have no wireless connection.

Or I replace the toner and I lose it.

Every single time I have to delete the printer fomr my computer and reinstall the whole thing again.

This is the first and most definitely the last HP device I will ever buy. How can you get it so wrong?

Telling people to connect ot ip address pages and do this that and the other, is just not good enough. What if you know nothing about this kind of thing? What do you do then?

I refuse to use the "workaround" every month or so so this printer will be binned and I will purchase a more competent brand of printer.

Thanks for nothing HP!!

The amount of posts online about this issue is ridiculous, and yet there's still no long term fix. Shame on you HP!!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.