Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

After wading through these forums for months, this answer finally helped me reconnect my HP Laserjet P1102w to my wireless network. The printer does not work with WPA2 encryption, only WPA Authentication with TKIP-AES encryption. Good lord I wish I could have the hours back that I spent searching this forum. Ugh.

HP Recommended

I tried to uninstall the printer going through Control Panel - uninstall programs and it won't let me because it says there are print jobs pending for 2 copies of that specific printer (copy1 & copy2). I can't clear the print jobs because they don't show up under printers in the devices & printers panel. Going in circles here. How do I clear these stalled print jobs from printers that no longer exist?

HP Recommended

WPA (AES-TKIP) is not concrete solution.

I suppose, all of this difficulties come from the insufficient memory which this printer have so there is nothing can we do about it.

HP Recommended

Same problem.  wireless quit.

HP Recommended

Dear HP,

Please fix your firmware.

Setting static IP's, upgrading to current firmware, changing sleep settings, etc do not fix the problem.

If the printer is turned off, then back on, it will not connect to wireless.

I have done troubleshooting with Cisco wireless team & taken wireless packet captures.

Per them, they do not see anything abnormal in the wireless packet capture, and believe the issue is most likely with the HP P1102W firmware.

Please fix this firmware.

HP Recommended

I also experienced the same thing 

wireless from the printer was connected to my network

and I was able to access the web via a wireless printer
but I couldn't print at all

what should i do ? 

HP Recommended

I got really peeved off with the latest firmware, causing me endless wireless connection issues.

I managed to work out how to revert back to the original 20120814 firmware  on my P1102W printer!!!!!!

Unfortunately you wont be able to do this using a PC, and will need a Mac  (or hackintosh like me)

Search the internet for "P1102w 20120814 dmg"

I found this file: LJP1100_P1560_P1600_FW_Update.dmg

You need to run the DMG from a Mac.

It detected my wireless printer and thhn warned me that I was about to DOWNGRADE my firmware to an older version. Bliss, so reassuring and it didnt block the downgrade!

It then applied the old  firmware which took 1-2 minutes.

After restarting printer and checking firmware on my printer, it showed "Firmware datecode" as 20120814 

I will never ever apply another HP firmware update, as I suspect they put out rogue firmware after the warranty expires to boost sales of new printers

Good luck to you all 🙂

HP Recommended
Hi,
This is really annoying problem.
Could you give us future stability report after couple of days ?
Thanks
HP Recommended
With the rogue new firmware the wireless connection would only hold for 2 minutes after powerup, even though wireless blue led was showing solid blue status. I tested this by trying to continuously ping my static assig ned ip address. Host was unreachable after 2 minutes, requiring a printer power recycle to reconnect.
i would also occassionally lose my wireless config router settings, which i never experienced with old firmware.

After reverting to old 2012 firmware late last night, it remained pingable beyond the 2 minutes., for atleast after half an hour( before i hit the sack) Will keep you updated.
HP Recommended

printer ow behaving as it should with old firmware.

not lost wireless settings or connections today.

i did some timings to get a ping reponse acknowledgement.

from cold start: 1minutr

warm start: 30 secs

I would be interested to know if anyone is happily using p1102w with latest firmware?

The new firmware was nothing but grief for me. I must have spent half a day in total trying to resolve this issue.

Happy wireless days again for me. No thanks to HP !

HP listen up.....

Good printer hardware, Poor software, slack testing, ends up with unhappy customers.

Stop wasting your money on acquisitions, and get back to your grass roots and make solid products backed with support to match.

No point in hp engineers with no teeth giving lip service on forums, and users going around in circles.

ok, hp rant over. hope it helps someone else.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.