Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have the same problems and have tried all work arounds. posted.  The only times that it did print, either the photo is scratched by the rollers or the photo was printed out of alignment.  The other problem I have is that the Print Manager still shows that the Print Job is printing even though it is done.  It will not allow anything else to be printed and the only way to clear the Print Job is restarting the PC.  Trying to delete current Print Job says it is deleting it but it stays there indefinitly.

HP is not the same company and they do not seem to care about our silly little problems.  I am returning this today and buying another brand.  I am going to see if anyone has US based customer service first.  I could fill pages of the problems I have had with HP recently buying a laptop which is in for a motherboard replacement currently (less than 6 months old).  Also a Premium Extended Warranty that says on the first line of "Features" on the advertisement web page for the 3 year Premium Accidental Damage Extended Warranty "front of the queue North America based Technical Support."  I called the HP Home and Home Office store and verified this prior to making the purchase.  When I got the warranty, there is no North America based Techn ical Support phone number included.  I spent a day and a half calling HP and was told that there is no such thing.  I called the Corporate Office and the lady I spoke with was rude and stated that the problem is the way  am interpreting it.  There is nothing to interpret,  "front of the queue North America based Technical Support."

{Content Removed} I know I cannot be the only one that purchased this warranty based on their advertisement of  "front of the queue North America based Technical Support."  Has anyone else had this experience?  

HP Recommended

Wont print on photo paper

HP Recommended

1) Do a 50 pages blank copies/ print job.

2) Load 10 - 15 pieces of photo media in the input tray, and ensure that your stack height is below the dotted line on the input tray label (internal of the input tray).

3) Select the correct media type on software.

4) Now print.

here some workaround that works well for me.:smileyvery-happy:

Although I am an HP employee, I speak for myself.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you share the stack height of the media that you place in the input tray? For all medias other than plain media, the printer please only place half a stack and below in the first tray of the printer.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

***Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left***

**Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.**
HP Recommended

For $400.00 + tax and all the complaints on this BOARD ABOUT THIS PRINTER NOT WORKING CORRECTLY, don't you think HP should come up with a real fix instead of all the try this and try that?  This is ridiculous.  Even when it does print, the Print Manager still shows that the print job is there and not completed.  You have to manually delete the print job before you can print anything else.  There is obviously a software/driver problem and that is what you should be working on instead of continually asking customers to try a bunch of workarounds.  I can tell you that I will never buy another HP Product as long as I live.  I have been in IT for 22 + years and have never had such incredibly horrible service.

HP Recommended

After reading through all these posts and trying the workarounds, I got it to work by loading the photo paper into the tray in a "landscape" alignment instead of portrait.  Maybe this gave the printer more to grab onto?

HP Recommended

solution
What happens most often is that the paper is too heavy for the printer to pull it, (why most are using a non-HP paper, but other brands) what we should do is to help the printer to the rollers can take the role, in this way: they have to push the paper up to the mark where it says "letter", you have to stand out from the tray at least 1cm.
Hope it will help

HP Recommended

Oddly, this solution worked, at least the first time.  I did the 50 copy run, and then it printed on the photo paper correctly.  Perhaps the new roller needs some breaking in or some such.

The real test will be when I come back in a few days I want to print on photo paper again; will I have to do the copy run again, or will the picker/roller work correctly?  We'll see.

HP Recommended

Have same problem with my HP 8600.  Tried seveal brands and several weights and thicknesses - from 72 to 53 lbs.  HP, Epson, Kirkland, Staples, Kodak glossy photo papers.  All failed.  Kodak paper became jammed and had to remove rear access panel to remove.  Twisted and torn.

Anybody find a way to fix this?

HP Recommended

solution
What happens most often is that the paper is too heavy for the printer to pull it, (why most are using a non-HP paper, but other brands) what we should do is to help the printer to the rollers can take the role, in this way: they have to push the paper up to the mark where it says "letter", you have to stand out from the tray at least 1cm.
Hope it will help

yes it is working, at least for now.! thank you! in the past, i tried to unistall tray 2. it worked one time, but no second time.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.