Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP office jet 3830 all in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cannot connect my Hp printer to my HP pavillion laptop after carrying out a recovery.  My laptop runs Windows 10.  My laptop tells me the printer is connected but in the settings Printer says driver not available.  Downloaded full driver application using HP support assistant but still will not work.  The printer operates perfectly when using eprint from my email sent to printer.

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

All available on the HP web site.

HP OfficeJet 3830 series Full Feature Software and Drivers

system software Manager Icon
40.11164.2 MBApr 24, 2017Download

HP's Terms of Use
Details

Type:

Driver-Product Installation Software

Version:

Operating systems:

Windows 10 (64-bit)

Release date:

Apr 24, 2017

File name:

Description:

The full solution software includes everything you need to install and use your HP printer. This collection of software includes the complete set of drivers, installer and optional software.

Fix and enhancements:

Fix and enhancements:
  • Status messaging Customer Experience improvement

There is a firmware update needed also.

HP Recommended

Hi @nhow,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to scan from the control panel of your HP OfficeJet 3830 All-in-One Printer.

This issue could occur if the full feature software is not installed.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue.

And here is the link to install the full feature software: Full Feature Software and Drivers

You may also check the link: Scanning From the Control Panel (JPEG, PDF)

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

I'm afraid that didn't load the full feature software.  It installed but then when I clicked on the printer icon and opened the HP Printer Assistant I couldn't find any way to change the scanner settings.

HP Recommended

Hello, @nhow

I see that you were interacting with @Rainbow23. He is out of office and I'd like to help 🙂

It could be an issue with the Windows XP operating system. I'd suggest you update the operating system and check. 

Alternatively, once the full feature print drivers are installed, make sure to restart both the printer and the PC. 

Let me know if that helps!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi, Thanks for your suggestions.  However I don't want to upgrade from XP.  I have restarted both the PC and printer with no success. 

HP Recommended

Hello, @nhow

If your printer is connected to the network, you can try to use the web-scan feature to scan.

This is by accessing the printer EWS page. Here are the steps:

• On the printer's control panel, press the Wireless button to obtain the IP address of the printer.

• Type the IP address in the address line of a web browser such as Internet Explorer, and then press Enter to open the printer Embedded Web Server (EWS).

• On the Scan tab, click the Webscan application.

• Select the Image type, and then click Scan.

• Right-click the scan in the browser window, click Save Picture as, and then click Save.

If you face any issue or if the web scan is not enabled, you may need to allow access to perform a scan using the Web-Scan. Ideally, you will get a message asking you to enable the web-scan and the path to do it along with the error message. You can refer to the settings below: 

1. Go to the printer EWS page as suggested in my above message.
  2. Go to Secuity / Administrator tab
  3. Locate Advanced settings (Name might be different on your printer EWS)
  4. If a 'There is a problem with this website's security certificate' message displays in the Web browser when you try to open the EWS, or when you navigate within the EWS, click ' Continue to this website (not recommended)'.
  5. Choosing ' Continue to this website (not recommended)' will not harm your computer while you navigate within the printer's EWS. If you encounter this error outside of your HP printer's EWS, your computer could be at risk.
  6. Now, you will find the security settings to enable the web-scan. Allow the access and save the settings. (If you are having trouble finding these paths, send a screen shot of your printer EWS Security / Administrator / Advanced screen and I will give you the accurate steps)
  7. Now, go to the Scan tab and then try to scan again.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Have a great day 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Dvortex, Thanks very much for your suggestions.  At this point I won't be able to try them until we return from a weekend away next Tuesday evening.  I'll let you know how I make out next week.  Cheers.

HP Recommended

Hello, @nhow

Thanks for the update!

Let me know if that helps by marking the post as a Solution!

Thanks, I'll watch for your reply!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Where can I get the firmware update

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.