Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

That's the least of my worries now (having to unplug/replug power cord, It is wireless now too).  It never goes to sleep! and while it's awake it doesn't scan or copy.  Prints OK, but that's it. 

HP Recommended
Fix the problem as a work around but I assume you have changed sides. Have did my scan printer.
Power adapter issue . 32v vs 12 v sleep took the sleep voltage straight oh works fine and goes to sleep like a baby. Paul
HP Recommended
You tube in progress" turn the power off t " tea ba" go.
HP Recommended

Hi, has anyone found a solution for this problem thata seems to occur when wifi is enabled?

Thank you

HP Recommended

hi i'm so frustrated, having the same problem. how do i disconnect my printer from Wi Fi?.

HP Recommended

hi i'm so frustrated, having the same problem. how do i disconnect my printer from Wi Fi?.

HP Recommended

I need a solution for thiss ASAP! We are a small business and this is a very persistent problem we keep having. I unplug the printer (which is bad) and that will work for like 2 minutes and the same problem continues. I tried to remove the ink cartridges, hold power off, unplug all cables, wait 30 seconds and then plug everything back, wait till machine turns on and the put cartridges back on. This no longer works. We will never be buying HP again this brand has gone down tremendously in terms of quality. 

HP Recommended

As of July 2018, there is no fix.  As described in the thread, you can only reliably eliminate the error message by disabling wifi and using USB connection only.   I'm unclear if this product is end-of-life/end-of-support with HP (no luck finding a listing of end-of-life printers from an HP site), but since it's been at least five years, do not expect any updates or fixes.

As of July 2018, there are 25 pages of threads on the  HP4620 in support forums.  Do some reading.  Among suggested fixes:
--Change network configuration from 'auto' to 'IPv4' only

--Set a static IP address for the printer

--Set wifi on your router to a fixed channel, preferably channel 11

--If you have a dual-band router (2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz), use different SSIDs for the two bands

Be prepared to repeatedly uninstall and re-install the HP software.  Even if you get the printer to stay on the network, the currently installed drivers and configuration may be unable to connect to the printer except in a 'fresh' installation.

This thread is not specific to this printer, but includes many useful steps for troubleshooting network connectivity for HP printers:
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/Printer-Will-Not-Respond-To-Touch-and-Network-Commun...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.